Sign in to follow this  

good deal?

i was looking in my local classifieds today and came across a 2005 xtreme. and since i want a pitbike after i sell my xr100 i said why not email the guy. this is what the ad said.

XTREME PITBIKE 2005

108cc, 4spd manual clutch, full disc brakes, tall seat, LT susp, GC, $900

so is it a good deal and are there any thing wrong with these bikes?

I know someone who has this bike and it rips. He rides the crap out of it and it holds up great. I don't think enough people give this bike a chance.

i know that ssr and pitster are good but this one is close so i can check it out. what is exactly wrong with these bikes? and will they hold up to backyard riding and sometimes to the track.if they are bad bikes then i will looking at pitster and SSR.

The extreme 107 is time bomb waiting to grenade.They have some serious tranny problems they will slowly go out or will just grenade and then your screwed :ride: .I would buy a RCM,PITSTER OR SSR B2 before a extreme,sdg or junkstar. good luck :thumbsup:

ive got a 2004 extreme that i ride the shit out of and never replaced anything!!! they are good bikes in my opinion. nobody gives these bikes a chance and considering who makes them, former supercross and motocross star Guy Cooper, you know that they have to be well built. ive seen them go through everything!!!

I have an 04 xtreme 107 that i have had for about 10 months now it has been sitting in my garage for me to ride for a total of two weeks of that time the motor is absolutely horrible i have dropped a valve, starter chain broke, broke skirt off the piston, now the tranny is locked up, and it takes forever to get parts so now i have a honda crf 50 motor on the way with a 88cc big bore kit and i'm gonna put that in because the frame and suspension aren't that bad, seat is way too soft so i put a bbr seat on and tall renthal handlebars heres my advice take your $900 and add another $700 too that and buy a new klx the mid-size chassis is the way to go don't go 50 chassis learn from my mistake don't go knockoff

my buddy has a 05 xtreme 108 or 107 whatever it is and he said it rocks. he has had no problems with it at all. he also said he'd sell it to me for 950 cause he needs a new race bike. all of you have got me confused because some say its good and others say its s**t.

A extreme 107 is a time bomb waiting to explode.I have seen many extremes and they all have the same problem tranny issues.I wouldn't buy one and can't believe cooper hasn't fixed the tranny issues.Same problems year after year it's no wonder they don't sell many bikes.Junk don't buy one cause you will be sorry when it grenades and is out of action for a month if not longer.

I have a cheap knock off its ok,but I wont do anything too crazy,because Im old and dont want to get hurt,but mainly because I dont want to wreck it.It is what it is for the money something to have fun on not to race or big jump.