Sign in to follow this  

Motor timing??

I am working on a Friends Super mini. It's a 88 race head and stuff. Well the problem is he had somebody else put larger valves in it and put the motor back together. Now the problem is I think the valve's are hitting the piston and binding up the motor so it can not turn over. My Question is How to get the side cover off to see the timing gear and How to match the Cam with the crank. Also if anybody knows what the tolorances are for Int & Ext on the cam? Another thought.... if their are larger valves in the head is there pistons that are clearanced for this??? Any Help would be great Thanks!!

so the timing is off and the valves are bent.

do a search next time!

side cover comes off from the other side with the long bolt that runs through the cam(10mm head)

the tappet valve clearance? .002-.005"

if you got the race head you got to have the piston for it.

theres no such thing as "larger" valves for a race head, well maybe its possible, but much more work and money than the average person could accomplish. id pull that head and see what hackjob has been done(and probly replace the valves in that head!)

what is it a tb? takega? kitac?

it is the Takega. And what i was going off of was the info my friend past on to me. He Had Ty Davis's Mechanic do the head work and one of his other friends do the assembly so Im not shure what the deal is on it. I am gonna go out there and put the head now and see what's the prob. Thanks for the info tho.