Sign in to follow this  

10 hour maintenance

Ok Well I've put just over 10 hours on the X last weekend, so I decided the time was right to service the bearings and replace the fork oil. I had put it off up to now out of laziness and claiming i was too busy.

The lower linkage needles actually had a decent amount of grease on them. but the steering head bearings were dry as a bone. there was actually more grease around the steering head nut than in the bearings.

The for oil change went without problems and I raised up the forks in the triple.

I did a thorough servicing. Removed all the oe grease and repacked everything and reassembled. I was expecting bone dry bearings in the linkage the way everyone has talked about it. By the time it was all done it was probably a good 6 hours of work including fork disassembly and reassembly (for the first time).

Shady you must ride in the wettest place on earth, powerwash your bike alot, or store it in under water!

i ride this shit out of it. I never wash it, but it does get trailored through salt covered roads a lot

it might look good but load up the linkage bearings with grease

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

Shady, where have you been riding, in the ocean???