Sign in to follow this  

2004? Should I

Ok guys, I have the chance to buy an 04 rmz 250 that has just been fully rebuilt and has a paddle tire, and 2 sets of plastics. It does take awhile to warm up?? Is that common, and is this a problem bike I should just avoid?? I want something I can ride in dunes for around 3k.... It does have a bigger radiator on it, so does that solve the overheating problem that everyone has? Or are the bigger problems? Thanks

not a very good bike, especially for the sand dunes........450 or 250 2-stroke

not a very good bike, especially for the sand dunes........450 or 250 2-stroke

and if your buying from a guy that has already ridden in the dunes I would stay away from it

ok they are GOOD bikes i havent had any of the problems with mine that everyone talks about and i have had it for a year and a half. bigger rads do help BUT although everyone says this is the cause of the over heating, it isnt BUT it is a factor, the main cause they overheat is because the clutch springs are too light and if you sit on the start line ringing the tits off it waiting for the board to drop u will find it overheats. thats why the majority of the overheating happens on the start line. engine ice also dosent help. now to answer your other question no it would not be a good dune bike like dunn2500 said because the deep sand saps alot of the power meaning you have to rev it hard and 250fs dont like being revved constantly at high revs. so if your main focus is dunes then definately get a 450f or 250 two stroke, i would tend to lean toward the two stroke mainly because you can rev the crap out of them plus maintainence is alot cheaper. hope this helps.