Sign in to follow this  

Virgin Enduro Rider

I'm enjoying riding once again after a 30 year layoff from MX. my last dirt bike was a RM125 in 1978. so now i'm an old fart with a mess of kids and want to ride enduros like my old man did back in the day on his 1959 Triuph Tiger cub 200cc. and later on the big mule (73 honda xl250) weighed like 300 lbs if i remember. sorry to be rambling, i'll get to the point. i want to try an enduro but dont know much about scoring and stuff. Can i just ride it for fun to see if i will finish while i learn? are there other people like me who are willing to risk their old fragile bones for the adrenelin pump? let me know guys. i think i may enter the Beehive on the 27th. but i'll be by myself without a pit or help. i dont think thats a good idea either. I want to ride!!

Gary, you sound just like me. I had an RM250 in '78. then a YZ490 til about '82. The wife says she was glad when I finally stopped racing MX. Anyway, I've just recently got back on the dirt teaching my 11 year old daughter to ride. I have to admit that the thought of maybe doing some Hare Scrambles has been running through my head. I haven't told the wife yet. Hee hee!

Yea can just ride for fun, Beehive is a good ride to just go and enjoy... Unless your lightning fast, chances are you will be behind keytime for most of the ride anyway, so no need to worry about keeping time. Just carry a route sheet and a watch and set it to your start time, so you know when it time for you to leave at lunch and resets and such... Thier gas is back at the start I think or you could call to see if they supply a gas truck if not... other option is to just follow the guys on your minute and hope they have timekeeping equipment... take off at stops when they do... You will have to join the AMA if your not a member yet $39/year, you can do it at sign up, and you will also have to get a ECEA licence, can do that at sign up also, might want to show up Sat if you need to do the ECEA test... Then your bike has to be legal also, Ins, reg and tagged... you'll be one of 300+ riders and the sweep crews go through during the run.. if something were to happen..

If you can get the proper paper work for your bike, look into the hare scramble series, it a fun time also and the runs take up less time and effort.

yeah my bike is plated but not inspected. what kind of paperwork is needed for hare scrambles? i thought nothing needed for that, just enduros. And i have been an AMA member for almost 30 years on and off. I thought i read somewhere that you can get the ECEA test on line and submit to them on line.