Sign in to follow this  

01 DRZ-400s? Best aftermarket air filter?

Just wondered if anyone has an opinion on a good aftermarket air filter, or should I just get another stock one? I would like to have an extra one around to have ready to pop in when needed. I would of done a search but it is disabled at this time. Thanks for any help.

Twin Air is by FAR the "BEST AT FILTERING DIRT". Notice that I said the best at filtering dirt, not the highest flowing air filter. I also feel that Twin Air is just a higher quality of air filter than some(ahem: UNI). I bought my DR from a friend that installed a jet kit and all. I am sure the jet kit came with a "HIGH FLOW UNI" because thats what it had in it when I went to check it a few days ago. You want to know what I found when I checked it??? The glue had come loose that bonded the air filter to the edge that sits under the plastic cage. This was after a LONG dusty dual sport ride. :thumbsup::ride: I havent been this mad in a while. I have worked as a mechanic for a long time and can not prove that the UNI's don't filter as well but have a pretty good idea of how well they filter just from the actual quality of the filter itself. I am sorry I went on a rant. Moral of the story, BUY A TWIN AIR OR A FACTORY FILTER.