Sign in to follow this  

will this cam work for a helmet cam?

This is what you want Aiptek

I got mine from this seller for $116.... great deal and it seems to be decent enough for the job. I still have to get my helmet cam though.... one piece at a time. I'm going with the Viosport. I've seen some video taken with this cam and the Viosport and it seemed to be really good.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do know that Rick Ramsey makes some very high quality helmet cam videos. You might want to check out his helmet cam page and I suspect he'll answer your specific questions.

This is what you want Aiptek

I got mine from this seller for $116

I Was wondering.. How long does it record video for? And it as AV input and all that jazz? how about the "LANC" or whatever to turn it on and off when want?

-patch

With a 1gb SD card it will record 48min on VGA or 176min on QVGA according to the specs. You have to hit the start/stop button on the camera to control the recording... there is no other way to do it. It seems to be a half decent little unit, not top of the line but good enough to use as a recording device for the helmet cam. The reason I got this one is its inexpensive enough that I'm not afraid to carry it on the bike. If I had to pick one weakness in this thing I would say the zoom is pretty horrible.... but then again, that wont matter when using the helmet cam.