Sign in to follow this  

new tires

What do you guys think about michelin starcross tires. I ride mostly trailswith some hardpack (not that much) lots of intermediate, sand and mud with roots and some rocks.

I also want long wear life with awesome traction. I figured starcross would be a good choice but I want to know any if other tires are good too.

I just bought the MH3 Hard pack, even though I ride sand. Best tire Ive ever bought, lasts forever, good price, Ill never buy another tire (besides starcross)

I just bought the MH3 Hard pack, even though I ride sand. Best tire Ive ever bought, lasts forever, good price, Ill never buy another tire (besides starcross)

Told you. :thumbsup:

But seriously get the MH3. The only thing the MS3 is good on is pure sand.

I just put a new set of the Starcross MS3's on my 2006 YZ250F. so far, LOVE THEM! And I rode on some semi-hardpack, STILL loved them (maybe my old tires were just so worn that anything would be an improvement).

Here is a video of me testing them out last weekend. The first half, the helmet cam is on my head, the last half, it's on a CRF450.

http://www.westsideridaz.com/days/2006-08-05/2006-08-05-%20Arkansaw%20WI.wmv

They hooked up really well!

Maxxis Desert IT

Tire is holding up awesome. I have 400 miles of intermediate/hard pack riding on it with no chunking at all, just normal wear. I only got 300 miles out of the Starcross (second tire I bought for the bike and chunked the snot out of it). I actually got better wear out of the original 756 rear.

David :thumbsup: