Sign in to follow this  

Shop deals in San Fran area

I'm going to be in San Fran next week, I'm wondering if you guys can recommend a couple of bike shops where I might find some good deals on parts/gear.

Thanks,

Ryan

There are three shops I recommend, depending on where in the Bay Area you'll be:

In San Francisco - Scuderia Motorcycle has lots of parts, but primarily focuses on KTM. There is actually another bike shop about a block away that has more parts for Japanese bikes as well:

69 Duboce Ave

San Francisco, CA

(415) 621-7223

On the peninsula - Redwood City KTM/Honda, etc has lots of gear, in addition to selling new bikes. I've brought my KTM there for service too:

890 2nd Ave

Redwood City, CA

(650) 364-1104

In the south bay - In Santa Clara is a fantastic shop called Zoom Cycles that carries all kinds of gear:

3413 El Camino Real

Santa Clara, CA

(408) 248-5780

Good luck!

Whatever you do, do not go to Golden Gate Cycles. That place is a ripoff. Redwood City Honda is a good shop but it is nowhere near the city.

Cycle Gear is pretty good. It's a small chain of motorcycle stores.

Amazing how many people say stay clear of Golden Gate Cycles.

I bought some items at Honda/Yamaha in Berkeley. Never again.

Everything was $5 more than my local stores.

What parts? What gear?

Not trying to be funny here but if you wanted SG10s in stock that might be a different place than good shop to get Tech10s (for instance).

You may want to pick up a copy of CityBike and UrbanMoto - 2 free rags that can be entertaining...

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm not really looking for anything in particular, maybe a skid plate for my new YZ, but I'm just looking for something to entertain myself (maintain sanity) in between shopping malls with my gf.

The shops in San Francisco mostly focus on street stuff. You can go to Munroe Motors or Scuderia West and gawk at all the sweet, euro street bikes. Nothing like checking out a $32,000 Ducati or MV Agusta! For a real dirt shop, you will have to travel to the suburbs...no too much dirt riding going on in San Francisco!

I will have a rental car and we are planning to head down towards Big Sur area for a few days, so it's ok if it is out of the way. I guess I should have said Bay Area rather than SF?

There is a really cool shop in Soquel, just South of Santa Cruz that specializes in Euro stuff - I think it is called Brit Bike or something like that. You can see it from the freeway. Well worth a stop if you are driving by.

It's a nice drive down the Coast from SF if you go that way, or you can go over HWY 17 and then down the Coast to Monterey and then Big Sur - not sure what you plan.

if you can make it to zoom cycle that shop is really good...

just bought a chest protector and jersey from them and saved about 40 bucks becuase of the sale they had on them. They always have good deals and a ton of inventory.