Sign in to follow this  

Camshaft lid

I had a hell of a time getting the two front bolts alined on my CRF450X and was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem.

its a hnda wat do you expect. this is very typical of the big bore bikes and especially honda with that whopping big aluminium frame i have the wr 250 and to change the jetting required a lot fiddling and scratched knuckles i am now thinking of returning to the 2 strokers. :ride::thumbsup:

They are kind of a pain, just take your time and get them started by hand only until all 3 are started.

You've got to look down into the hole, and drop the bolts in slowly and be patient, you'll get the hang of it after a couple times. Doug

I had a hell of a time getting the two front bolts alined on my CRF450X and was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem.

Are talking about the 2 long bolts on the valve cover? I just figured out an easy way to get them started. I hold the head of the bolt with a pair of pliers. That way I can get the bolt pointed in the right direction. Once I feel it hit bottom, I move it around slightly until I find the hole. What used to really piss me off now only takes me about 30 seconds.