Sign in to follow this  

new to the group

i just bought a crf250r tonight and i was wondering if there was anything i shuould do now to make it perform at its best.

nice man! :thumbsup: welcome to the crf250r forum on ThumperTalk. make yourself at home!

as for taking care of the bike to make it work its best, stay on-top of oil changes, air filter cleaing, valve shimming, etc etc.

keep on top of the valves, and learn how to check and shim them yourself

(check out the valve shimming thread if you have any questions there is a full artical and pictures of how to shim them)

any questions ask us

thanks what about aftermarket parts anything i shud put on it right away to for protection. i just stwitched from a kx250f started breakin it in today and i love it im more than happy with it. is checking the valve and shimmin them the same as a kx?>

To be honest, right off the showroom floor I would just ride it for a while andget used to it. Unless you are racing, stock really is quite OK. Its pretty fast stock. If you get that accelerator pump bog, which many dont, apply that fix (search). Check valves right away to get a baseline reading. Depending on where you ride, getting protection (radiator guards, case savers, etc) is reasonable. But right out the door I would save your money for things you decide on AFTER you gwet familiari with it. Enjoy!!!

as for taking care of the bike to make it work its best, stay on-top of oil changes, air filter cleaing, valve shimming, etc etc.

:applause: As if shimming valve is part of the regular maintenance on the CRF. :applause: Mine are still right on after a year. :ride: Your not helping the Yamaha guys bashing our bikes aren't you? :thumbsup:

I agree though, checking them is important.

im not here to bash these bikes if ur asking me. i love it! it amazing a like it 10 times better than my kawasaki

:applause: As if shimming valve is part of the regular maintenance on the CRF. :applause: Mine are still right on after a year. :ride: Your not helping the Yamaha guys bashing our bikes aren't you? :thumbsup:

I agree though, checking them is important.

:applause: poor choice of words.... unless you suck at bike maintainance of course :applause:

It may be to late, but it seems like alot of people are breaking these bikes in the hard method, meaning just ride'em don't baby them! Just reealy stay up on maitnece, and then also look into the redbeard accelerator pump mod, it is in the 450 section. it makes a big difference on the 06. and also dial in the jetting!