Sign in to follow this  

yz 250F vrs 450

i have had a 250 for one year now and 3 years ago i had a klx 300, i moved up to the 250 beacuase the klx 300 was fat slow ect..i need more power then a 250 F ,i weigh 130 and im 5'6, age 14 i been riding for 5 years now, im one of the fastest in my town, i need more power but i dont know if i should get a yz 450, i have my 250 pinned most of the time and i could man handle it, right now its like a play bike, i could do wheiles on all the way up the road doing 80, I WANT MORE, would a yz 450 be more then i could bit ,i race endoro, or should i get the wr 450, does the wr 450 have more power then th 250 F, i dk what i want HELP

omg...

250fs are plenty of power jese

why u want more power?, its just insane to always want MORE POWER!

lol u gonna tell me u were 9 yrs old on a 300?

lol no wonder im the only replier so far

i i could do wheiles on all the way up the road doing 80, I WANT MORE, would a yz 450 be more then i could bit ,i race endoro, or should i get the wr 450, does the wr 450 have more power then th 250 F, i dk what i want HELP

better you are the slower you can do a wheelie. doing a fast one is not hard try doing it in 3 and staying there. that is a good rider. :ride::thumbsup: + the 450s have too much unusable power. even for some good riders.

every pro rider even chad reed and rc have said they cant use all the power that there 450's have, but they are tricked bikes.

yup even jeremy mcgrath said he'd never be able to use all the power of a 450...

That's why he doesn't win any more......

every pro rider even chad reed and rc have said they cant use all the power that there 450's have, but they are tricked bikes.

Their bikes are easier to ride than stock bikes, even if they pump out 15hp more.

Their bikes are easier to ride than stock bikes, even if they pump out 15hp more.

ditto.

the handling and suspension on those things is unreal :thumbsup:

You'd be better off building your 250F, but I'm having a hard time believing that you need more power than a 250F can put out. If you rode a YZ450F, you'd be a flea on a dog's ass trying to hold-on. :thumbsup:

Though this thread is getting a little confusing, and the original post is... odd, I'll throw in my two cents as well. I've got a 250F and my best friend has a 450F, both 2006 models. Personally, my bike rails a track much better than his. However, his eats up less techincal trails with ease. To be fair, I'd say the 450F, though having outrageous amounts of power, is a better bike stock than the 250F. If you just need a little bit more, try a Big Bore kit! Nothing beats CCs.

Nothing beats CCs.

theres no replacement for displacement. :thumbsup:

i need to try a 450 for longer than 2 laps to be sure, but i don't think i get tired faster, the comment made my mattxr(i don't know his whole name) made me second guess myself....do i really need to extra ponies?

well...do i? absolutly not.

do i want the extra ponies? absolutly

i need to try a 450 for longer than 2 laps to be sure, but i don't think i get tired faster,

I have to say, riding my friend's 2006 YZ450 seems almost as easy as riding my 250F. Maybe it's because I can ride so much more agressively on my 250F? Maybe the 450 is just that good? I'm most likely just not riding the 450 as hard as I can, but I did end up passing most of the guys on 250s so I don't really know if I'm just not riding hard enough or what.

Honestly Nick, I don't believe a word you say. Sounds like total talk, the 250F has mounds of usable power, even for the fastest riders.

In my opinion you need to learn and be able to ride the piss out of a 250F before switching to a 450. Being only 14 and weighing 130 lbs, a 450 will throw you around like its no tomorrow. I'm 6'2 and weight 175 and made the switch from a 250F to an 06 450 and absolutely love it. But for you I'm sure you will be more than pleased on a 250F. Just my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

Honestly Nick, I don't believe a word you say. Sounds like total talk, the 250F has mounds of usable power, even for the fastest riders.

yeah i agree, i cant belive that you want a 450 at 14. if you can ride it thats great but i dont think so. better off with a 250. :thumbsup: