Sign in to follow this  

Riding area near San Bernardino/Chapparal?

Hi,

The wife and I took a MotoVentures class last Friday and I bought her a TTR-125E on Sunday. I want to go to Chapparal in San B on Friday to pick up some gear for her, tires for me, and then find an area to work on her skills. Any recommendations? I'm in Monrovia and too familiar with whats out there. Thanks.

Rich

depends on what you want to ride tracks or desert. for some wide open stuff to work on skills might head up to pinnacles some fire roads up there or stoddard wells. most of riverside is illegal to ride at unless you know some of the secret spots which most aren't willing to share.

phelan is just up the road. do a search on here for more info. type in phelan or baldy mesa.

Baldy Mesa it is. I just looking for a staging area, an open area with good traction and a variety of hills to put her on, and some easy trails where I can get her up into 3rd gear. Thanks!

Take her to El Mirage, off the 395, not too far from the 15, just west of Victorville. Lakebed's totally flat, and there are some trails outside that also. You should be able to find a spot way away from anyone else out there, the lakebed is pretty large.

Take her to El Mirage, off the 395, not too far from the 15, just west of Victorville. Lakebed's totally flat, and there are some trails outside that also. You should be able to find a spot way away from anyone else out there, the lakebed is pretty large.

Can you give me an exit/street off the 395? Thanks

Rich

There is a couple of signs on the side of the road.

Or you can follow this map http://www.blm.gov/ca/barstow/mirage.html

This is where i take my son since it is open and mostly flat. There are a few challenging trails on the sides that you can also take.

Good luck with the heat, be there early since there is almost no shade.