Sign in to follow this  

yoshimura goes on tomarrow!

is there anything that you people have found that will come out at me as a problem? i'm putting on the yosh rs3 full system but i don't have a jetted carb. will i be fine untill this weekend, when i can rejet? any tips for an easy install?

I put mine on a month ago. Make sure you have the L shaped align (10mm I think)wrenches and a pipe for leverage. The bolts on the header are in tight space. You don't need a gasket for the header pipe. It should be stuck in thier, but becareful it might be stuck to the end of the pipe or laying on your floor. It's kind of a bitch to get the header pipe and exhaust pipe together. Well have fun! Oh yeah putting the clamp on the pipe in a bitch to. Just make sure you put the washer on and nut when u get it through. I forgot the washer and it pulled right through the rubber.

I just put one on last week. I took the two bolts out of the rad to get easier access to the head bolts. I also used some loc-tite anti seize on the head pipe to muffler joint for easy disassembly later. put everything together loose first then tighten everything up. My carb was jetted for the stock pipe, I just had to change the main back to stock size. The yosh is louder and pulls right to 70 like I cant believe. I found myself cruising at 55-60 with the stock pipe and over 65-70 with the yosh.

Bring a buddy...you will need someone to help. makes things go alot faster joining and aligning the pipe. took us about 20 minutes

It is easy to install. Use "HI-TEMP" anti seize if you use it & I would recommend the 2 bolts that thread into the head, aluminum & steel don't do well over time & can gauld :thumbsup: .

Like most have already said:

- Loosen up "Driverside" radiator...makes life easy

- Take off the passenger footpegs on the "passenger side" for easy fit, should go back into stock location nicely once the new pipe is in

- I installed a Muzzy which used springs to hold the head pipe and can together, I guess Yosh has a clamp...so get a buddy like Aaron said!

- Jetting is very much necessary with a full system. If you NEED to ride it...then Id make it VERY quick. Just jet it and forget it! (Ronco :thumbsup: )