Sign in to follow this  

CTi knee brace

Hi,

I know knee brace have been an issue here, but I really feel the need for it

I am 4 weeks post-op from Left Knee PCL Reconstruction and Medial Menisco-capsular Separation Repair.

Managed to talk to a local medical company here liaising with Innovation Sports products. It’s true that CTI2 cost a bomb, a single CTI2 cost a pair of a off-the-shelf braces.

If my Dr don’t give me CTI2 brace prescription, I plan to buy the off-the-shelf braces myself since it is much cheaper and at my realistic affordable price compared to CTI2.

The medical company told me among the off-the-shelf braces, MORPH is much better than EDGE. But I read at www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/cti_braces.htm that EDGE design, shape and strength are similar to the custom CTi2 knee brace. So doesn’t that means EDGE is as close good as CTI2? MORPH better or EDGE better?? I’m confused now, can help me clarify this?

And is it true that MORPH cost lesser than EDGE?

Both MORPH & EDGE only sold in pairs right?

I’m getting the braces to help me gain confidence and support me during recovery and will be using it all the way riding motocross as well.

So can any kind souls help me with the above queries?

No knee brace has ever been made or designed with any reasonable expectation of preventing PCL type instability.

The simple fact is that is not a common instability and manufacturers don't invest money in a product in which there is a low demand.

Since you are buying this for your head and not your knee, buy one that looks cool and does't cost much.

Hi,

I read at www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/cti_braces.htm that EDGE design, shape and strength are similar to the custom CTi2 knee brace. So doesn’t that means EDGE is as close good as CTI2? So can any kind souls help me with the above queries?

I've only ever worn Edge braces for about six years, so I'm not sure of the difference, but they seem to work pretty well for me. I too decided to go for the Edge braces 'cause I didn't want to fork out the dollars for Cti2's.

Hi I was reading your post and post's from others and i am very confused by the fact of someone having a name of DR and saying there is not a knee brace out there for help on preventing strains or ligament tears Involving your PCL.

I was reading on a website about the Edge Knee brace and it states that its indications for use are, Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) deficiencies and instabilities, Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) deficiences and instabilities, Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injuries, Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) injuries, Combined instabilities, Osteoarthritis, Cartilage repairs, General support, and finaly Hyper-Extensions. So there you are Smithx2, DrMark has no idea what he is talking about i recently have reinjured my knee now looking for the best knee brace as well. so be sure to get the right facts about the equipment your looking for. here is the site i was viewing about the Edge knee brace look for yourself my friend. http://www.ossur.co.uk/Pages/10116

Hi I was reading your post and post's from others and i am very confused by the fact of someone having a name of DR and saying there is not a knee brace out there for help on preventing strains or ligament tears Involving your PCL.

I was reading on a website about the Edge Knee brace and it states that its indications for use are, Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) deficiencies and instabilities, Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) deficiences and instabilities, Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injuries, Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) injuries, Combined instabilities, Osteoarthritis, Cartilage repairs, General support, and finaly Hyper-Extensions. So there you are Smithx2, DrMark has no idea what he is talking about i recently have reinjured my knee now looking for the best knee brace as well. so be sure to get the right facts about the equipment your looking for. here is the site i was viewing about the Edge knee brace look for yourself my friend. http://www.ossur.co.uk/Pages/10116

I am curious as to Dr. Mark's response. But I can tell you of my limited knowledge and my own previous PCL injury that the kind of force necessary to damage a PCL will probably cause your femur to break instead of you are wearing braces. You should prob be careful reading a label and taking it for gospel, then talking shit about a renowned surgeon.

Oh and same for the hyper extension. If you take enough force (I have seen it in person) to hyper extend your leg, with braces on you will end up with multiple leg fractures instead.

I find it a little silly to say that the moderator of this particular section has no idea what he's talking about in your very first post.....

I think Dr. Mark has done enough motocross related surgeries to have a very good idea about the physics of knee braces :thumbsup:

DrMark has no idea what he is talking about ...... http://www.ossur.co.uk/Pages/10116

Welcome to TT.

I am sure that source provides very unbiased opinions regarding this particular knee brace considering they make money selling that particular knee brace.

I was shopping for a truck the other day and decided to go to the chevy web site. It said that chevy trucks were sh1t and Ford is the way to go.

I didnt see anything in the link you posted about preventing injuries, just providing support for deficiences or instabilities...

Whether or not real or perceived I feel my CTI2's have saved my knees NUMEROUS times and I won't ride without them.

I can tell you from experience, I spent alot on those Asterisk Cell knee braces, although not custom fit CTi's they are supposed to be the end all be all. I came off a little jump, barely 2ft, stuck my leg out in avoidance of another rider and used it as suspension. I tapped my leg down, it caught and twisted in a millisecond, and there went my ACL. So, in a very little accident like that, I saw how well $650 knee braces did for me, even with the f-ing anti-rotation strap. It's all in the fall. I believe they help prevent injuries, but any well placed fall or get off and it doesn't matter if you have knee braces or not, you'll be in Texas getting fixed by Dr. Mark just like me.

No knee brace has ever been made or designed with any reasonable expectation of preventing PCL type instability.

The simple fact is that is not a common instability and manufacturers don't invest money in a product in which there is a low demand.

Since you are buying this for your head and not your knee, buy one that looks cool and does't cost much.

I've been struggling w/ which braces to purchase. A few have told me that knee braces only protect 10 to 15 %, so purchase what feels comfortable. Have you come to a conclusion on your knee brace study yet?

I'll make y'all a great deal on a pair of Asterisks. More of a walking pace "step off" than a get off with them on and I busted my acl as well as burgered my meniscus.

I'm going with these guys http://braceyourselfmx.com/?SID=CPtp%2BLiElJLSY0O7RAhPTzokREEsJnnHB2iWrwlKiOo%3D and getting the CTI OTS for both knees. My insurance will cover all but 15% of them.

I figure that even if they help only 10-15% like some claim, that may make the difference in getting another injury or not.

Dave

i barely touched down with my toe in a corner and ripped my knee apart with asterisk braces on. Not sure what they do, but they didnt do sh-t for me. To be fair though, I wasnt using the tethers. I dont think anyone does. Maybe we should