Sign in to follow this  

longer throttle cable for WR250

Most shops have cable "kits" which allows them to make any cable in just about any length. they have the black housing in bulk lengths, the inner cable also in bulk and the various types of fittings to crimp on the ends. or you could try Barnett or Motion Pro for a pre made one in the length you require. it would more than likely be a special order and require you to call it in.....

I will start with the Honda dealer and see what they have. I am putting the Husky carb on a 99 CR250 (Honda) and the Keihin cable doesn't seem to work.

I will also look into the custom option. My WR250 is using the CR cable and I would like it to be about an inch shorter so perhaps I can have one made since I am no hurry for it.

Get one for a Honda CR125 01. About 2" longer. A few years fit. Just check which year CR has the Mikuni TMX.

I got that cable. It's about 7" longer then the one from my Husky though. I think it would work on the WR if someone wanted to route the cable in front of the bars instead of behind. It should be about right for my application.