Sign in to follow this  

motor blues

I've only done 16 hours on my kx450f and it was fine untill 10hrs then it blew a hole in the caseing just by the kickstart .I had that fixed and it then it started leaking coolant my mechanic has cheaked the head gasket and water pump but both are fine. If any ones had any problems like this or knows what it mite be id like 2 hear.

Cheers gravy181

That didn't happen on the start line of a tt-a-x race did it? was it covered by kawi?

That didn't happen on the start line of a tt-a-x race did it? was it covered by kawi?

yea it did and was covered by kawi but since that rebiuld its been leaking and superior cant work out why

Do you know where the leak is? Or are you just loosing coolant? After i did my top end i kept loosing coolent. Turned out the cylinder bolts under the cams werent torqued. Tightned them and now all is well.

Do you know where the leak is? Or are you just loosing coolant? After i did my top end i kept loosing coolent. Turned out the cylinder bolts under the cams werent torqued. Tightned them and now all is well.

im not sure were its leaking but the oil isnt merky that may be it il ask my mechanic cheers