XR250 Modifications

I am a fairly new XR250 owner and have been riding it for about a year. I have an XR 250L which is slightly different to the 250R such as ignition and fuel set up and it has electric star. Can anyone tell me how to go about increasing the power? I have already changed the sprocket sizes which helped but I heard that it is possible to remove the baffles, is this right? How does one go about it? Is there anything else I can do?

hi there

i just baught a brand new (53km) xr250 model 2000 which stood around for 5 years untouched.. had to clean the carb for one day to get it started. its a fine bike and i removed the deteriorated air filter... the pipe in the exhaust, and the airfilter top nosel thingybob...

now i need the rejetting to be done. Ill check valves tonight. (just rode it for 100km so it certainly needs some close look now after standing for 5 years)

the link to the rejetting page did not work. Could you send it again? Where can i get the jets from (i live in Tanzania... no good supply here but i got somebody from CA coming down soon, so if you could give me a hint where to order the jets and which sizes)

Thanks

Cheers

Sebastian

How did you remove the baffles in the exhast? I am not very mechanically minded so is it possible to explain? Do I need to remove the muffle? Did it make the bike much louder?

What air filter thingy bob are you talking about?

So far so good

Been riding the bike for the first time off road on tracks, sand, up hills,.. My Resume:

- lacking about 10hp

- nice suspension and very forgiving bike

- not enough power to play ... just enough to move

but.... i really enjoyed it.

Less tiring than my KTM620SC

I had to ride 4 bikes up some very steep washed out hard soil hill... A ktm 400 a KTM 525 a Kawasaki 300... by the time i had the 3 bikes up the hill i was seriously worn out... the XR250 although was easiest to get up there believe it or not.All other bikes weigh less and have more power... Anyway. Ill work on the bike to get a bit more power out of that engine...

Cheers

I am a fairly new XR250 owner and have been riding it for about a year. I have an XR 250L which is slightly different to the 250R such as ignition and fuel set up and it has electric star. Can anyone tell me how to go about increasing the power? I have already changed the sprocket sizes which helped but I heard that it is possible to remove the baffles, is this right? How does one go about it? Is there anything else I can do?

dude I have a xr 250R if you get any help let me know want to do the same thing

It depends on your weight. I found that the settings on the damper and return screws were not bad but I had to put more tension on the spring and make the dampning a bit softer for my weight. It can handle anything now! I only ever use this bike off road and in pretty rugged conditions and will go anywhere if not furtehr than a WR450 of KTM350. I put a 48 tooth sprocket on the rear and kept the 13 on the front. I do not think I will bother modifying the exhust because I do not want a noisy bike. I will put a better air filter in which I am getting today!