Sign in to follow this  

150$. What to buy?

just got $150 from a crime claim and I was wondering what I could buy to improve the bike more. I have an 05 YZ 125, I was thinking maybe a new sprocket or like a new pipe or something. What do you guys think?

well, i got a new renthal sprocket for my 05 yz 125, its blue and its looks sick. it wasnt to much money but it made a worlds difference. id say get a sprocket and gold chain.

check my garage if you want to see what it looks like on the bike.

yea, i put a 52 tooth on mine. it made a worlds differnce, and it deffinitely helped in the corners, it might have robbed my top speed but it helps a whole lot on the track. the bike accerlerates like twice as fast. and as you know hwo sensitive the 05 yz was, well now the thing takes off if you just blap the throttle. i'd reccommend it to anyone.

The Vforce V3 should be very high on your mod lists for this bike once you remove the stock reed block you'll understand why the stock block is alittle too restrictive the V3 is gonna give it more snap. Freakin 52 rear!! damn! it pull's very good with a 48 rear as it was stock. Twist the throttle harder man :thumbsup:

V3 and the fmf Factory Fatty are two of the best bolt on mod's for the bike they greatly improve flow and power do not rob any where only improve and make the power band wider. If I had to choose again between the two it would be the Vfroce first then the pipe.

Gearing will do a lot more than a pipe, especially since the YZ is a 6 speed. The Reed cage depends a lot on the bike, but they do work well on 125s. I'd go with a gearing change, or a reed cage.

hey, not to jack your thread, but what will the new reed cage do? would i need to re-jet or adjust carb settings, just wondering?

aright cool..thanks guys. well i definately need to get a new chain cause i havent changed the stock one. what are the stock sprockets?? 48 rear 14 front? i think im gonna go with new sprockets,new chain,vforce reeds and cage, and maybe a new PC pipe since i can get em for like 110..then my dad could add the rst...lol and just wondering..should i get new sprockets for both or just rear?

also, i did some research and the vforce3 reed valve system is like 130.

so should i get the vf3 system and a new chain, which will be roughly 150.

or chain and sprocket kit which is like 135.

sorry, thought i eplied to this. i would just get a rear sprocket and chain. getting a bigger front sprocket and a bigger rear sprocket will cancel out, small up front and big in back is for torque, and big upfront and small in back is for speed. all i know it with the 52 the bike is crazy $hit.anyways, i wouldnt really bother getting the pipe, they have caused my friends many problems and they just dont show any performance gains, waste of money in my opinion. now maybe a silencer if you want to ride near houses, it can quiet it down a couple db's.

and also, i wouldnt buy a kit, buy a seperate chain and seperate sprocket, they seem to add up to much less. only get the kit if you truely need the front sprocket.

not sure about the vforce so i cant help ya there.

Never underestimate the value of a good riding lesson! :ride:

Before you hop up the bike.................hop up your riding ability first. :thumbsup:

the reeds bring the air/fuel mixture into the motor better. i didnt have to re-jet when i put one in my 01 yz125, and it made the bike just run cleaner everywhere

Stock it's 13/48 I now run 14/48 on my '06 YZ 144 cause I got the power to do so now. I think if I was going to increase the rear sprocket any size it would be to run a 13/49. I didn't want to kill my top speed gotta whip on them 250F's.

check you WHOLE BIKE and find out what you absolutely need....worry about going faster after you have a good running machine

How about throwing that 150 bucks toward suspension setup for you or some new safety gear. All the hop up parts in the world aren't going to help you if you get hurt because of poor safety equipment.