cant get rear disc into the brake caliper......?

ok, im working on my 95 cr125 project bike right now, im trying to put my rear tire on but i just can seem to get the disc in the caliper, there no way in hell those thing are opening. i have done this many times before on my other bikes, but i cant get it in this one? does anyone know what could be wrong or any tricks and stuff that could help do this? ?

it came off the bike, it was intheir when i got it, and i got it put it last night, but i can seem to get it tonight. i tried the screw driver didnt work, i tried them pretty hard but with no luck. the disc is pretty thick, but i know it will fit.

i had a similar problem with my front brake.. i had to take the wheel off for a change and i accidently squeezed the lever and the pistons pushed out and there was no way to get the disk in. if you have sqeeze clamps, the ones where you squeeze a trigger and the clamp tightens, you could use thouse to push the pistons back in

barely any fluid in there at all, thats why its s akward. im not to sure, i was just down there fiddling with it again and nothing is really going on, i mean, i think i could get it in it, maybe but im gonna need some one to help, and tha damn dic guard keeps getting in my way. im pretty pissed becuase i wanted o put the tire on 2night so i could put the seat on and everything and bounce the suspension just to make sure everything was put on right, but o well.

i had the same problem once , i tried screw driver but it was to thick then i took a very sharp knife and just squeezed it in between the pads and just started moving side to side and they came apart ?! If that doesnt work, there should be a release valve! Well its like a bolt or a screw which when u loosen up it and it releases the brake fluid so when u stick the knife inbetween the pads it will leak some fluid out instead of pushing it all the way back to the cylinder :ride:

ok, well i did do that procedure, none of the brakes really worked all that great before, and i was told both are empty, but that back one had plenty left in there, and i opened the valve and released the fluid, it was still pretty hard to putsh the piston back with the screw driver though, and while doing so i heard a little spring kinda noise, is this bad?

well, anyways, i got the tire and everything on, wasnt easy though like all the other times i did it, it was quite an annoyance. i hate when the simple things get complicated.

yea, fluid came out, i watched the iston move, i could feel the resistence?also, since i was also puttin on the brake pedal i also noticed the bike has no spring to kepp the pedal steady and unshaky. does anyone know how i could get my hands on one besides ordering it. think hardware store has something i could make use of? i dont need it, atleast i dontthink i do, but i dont want the back brakes to tapoon realquick if i have a hard landing or something.

I got a spring for a TTR 125 at Ace Hardware. It was the width of a business card, about 1 1/2", I believe, from hook to hook. They had a display board with all the different spring styles in the hardware section. They had one that was the right length and about 1/2" in diameter. Worked fine.