Sign in to follow this  

New system or a power tip for the muffler?

Other than the big cost savings is there any reason to go with a power tip rather than a whole new system on my better halfs 230? Is the power tip replacement the correct way to uncock the system?

Thanks

Dave

If you are looking for a modest increase in power and do not plan any more extensive work (big bore, cam, carb etc.) The tip is a good inexpensive solution. Just be sure you jet the bike correctly.

i bought the powertip for my old 230 and it sounded like crap.......it wouldve been way more worth my time to wait and buy the full exhaust system.....it used to bog out more to when it would rev down.....but thats probably because i used it with the stock jets :thumbsup:

Ya know, Powroll said the stock pipe is actually good if you remove the silencer (not the endcap!). It's not so flashy, but if $$$ is tight . . . Just make sure you jet it correctly 120 main (not 132) and pull the top off the airbox and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I think I'll re-jet this weekend and strip out the baffle.

Thanks again for the advice.

Dave

Baffle out and a Powroll head pipe is a great sounding and running setup. All black still too, sneaky.