Sign in to follow this  

Thor Force Knee Guards?

So i picked up a pair of the Thor Force knee guards for supermoto, and i find them very restricting, Can hardly shift, And also cant seem to feel the break pedal as well, And just inhibits movement all together..

Also pinches the skin on my leg, by the upper strap..

Any body else have problems with these?

Or any solution?

nop.

Maybe the problem doesnt rest on the knee guards, but on your boots.

They might be too strech.

Why dont you just get some knee pads that dont have a shin guard?

Yup , $60 down the drain. I have the old style ones. I even tried to lighten them up but removing bulky parts,still don't fit well,and are uncomfortable as hell. So in the closet they sit and i'm back to my beat cheap ass Fox shin guards.

I have the newest style and they are fine. They are bulky in the shin area, but they certainly don't inhibit movement of my foot???

I have the same problems with my Fox Raptor knee gaurds... i hate them. I enjoy the 15 dollar shin gaurds a lot better.

I got the new ones and found them to have a couple areas of slight discomfort at first. Then I bought a pair of long ass Fox socks. The problem was the areas where the knee guard was touching raw skin. Now they are very comfortable to me and I am used to the feel of wearing them. Socks probably won't help with the mobility problem but in my opinion they are more comfortable to wear now.

I bought them also, the new style, not really restrictive in movement, but I did have a problem with the top strap tearing into my leg, I bought a set of Mueller elastic knee supports at Wal-Mart $8.00 ea. and this cured that problem. :thumbsup:

I got the new ones and found them to have a couple areas of slight discomfort at first. Then I bought a pair of long ass Fox socks. The problem was the areas where the knee guard was touching raw skin. Now they are very comfortable to me and I am used to the feel of wearing them. Socks probably won't help with the mobility problem but in my opinion they are more comfortable to wear now.

YEP. The long socks are the ticket.

The first time I wore mine (the newest style), they were terribly uncomfortable. It wasn't really the bulk, but the straps digging into bare skin. One thing is I had them probably too tight. But getting longer socks really solved the problem. After getting the longer socks, it only took a few rides for them to feel like I had them on forever.

I really like the added protection.

For me it helped to not tighten the top neoprene section too tightly. If I did it would pinch the hell out of the back of my knees. Just leave that a bit looser and it should feel better.

sweet thanks guys, Ill give all this a try, And hopefully i'll get over it..

-patch