Sign in to follow this  

Pilot circuit CE removal

Hi,

What is the recommended pilot circuit jetting for coast enrichener removal in australia? I hear we go leaner than the USA.

Thanks.

Is the air different in Australia? I'd say it would be the same. 70/38 or 100/45 (air jet/fuel jet)

I want to know about the removal process....

Hey Vash fill me in on the details fella..

Hey gizmoe.

You need to rejet the pilot circuit and buy some vaccum plugs from an auto store. Remove the circular device visible next to the choke knob, and plug the hoses connected to it.

Rejet the pilots to 38 pilot fuel jet and 70 pilot air jet. Hopefully it removes the off idle bog!

Full details here: http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drzadjet.asp

CE removal is just to improve looks and simplify performance jetting. Just removing the CE will not affect performance but the associated rejetting may help. Fact is, most if not all street legal carbureted 4 strokes have CE including DRZ400"S". You don't see it because it is integrated into the carb instead of tacked on the outside.

CE removal is just to improve looks and simplify performance jetting. Just removing the CE will not affect performance but the associated rejetting may help. Fact is, most if not all street legal carbureted 4 strokes have CE including DRZ400"S". You don't see it because it is integrated into the carb instead of tacked on the outside.

At least in my case the CE was not working properly, at least when I gave the symptoms to burned that is what he said. :thumbsup:

On the road it would not have been an issue but on trails it was getting almost dangerous.