Sign in to follow this  

Clothing/accessory store in Willamette valley (Eugene, Corvallis, Salem ...)

Hi. We are on vacation in beautiful Corvallis/OR for a few weeks, away from our usual hangout in the S.F. bay area. At home, we ride ATVs and off-road bikes in the mountains around the bay area.

I was thinking to use the opportunity to do some shopping (in the land of no sales tax, and generally lower prices). We need replacement riding gear (pants and jacket) for our 6-year old ATV rider, and my wife needs a new helmet, and probably we'll throw in a few elbow and knee protectors and such. All of this is terribly expensive in California. We could just order it over the internet, but with clothing items it would be better to try them on to make sure they fit, and Oregon (with no sales tax and no shipping charges) should actually be cheaper than the internet.

Only problem: Where to go to shop? What stores in the area have a really good selection and decent prices? To keep the trips reasonable, let's restrict ourselves say from Eugene/Springfield in the south to Woodburn up north (including say Florence/Newport/Lincoln City along the coast); Portland/Hillsboro/Beaverton gets to be a little too painful.

We tried BI-Mart - forget it. That was expected. GI Joes was also pretty much a loss; no surprise there. First stop today was Fred's Honda in Corvallis - selection was tiny, but at least prices were decent. Tomorrow we'll try Cycle Country in Salem.

Please make suggestions of your favorite stores. Thanks!

The best two places for prices have just been given. Of the two I prefer motosport outlet in eugene. They do mainly mailorder and so have a couple of racks of gear that have been returned or are last years for really good prices.

PM me if you need directions.

Check out Motosport Outlet in Eugene.....

Last time I tried going to Motosport in Eugene, they were closed, moving the operation to the Portland area. I didn't think they kept the Eugene store open.

Cycle Sports of Eugene has a pretty good gear selection. Can't say I like the dealership itself though.

Last time I tried going to Motosport in Eugene, they were closed, moving the operation to the Portland area. I didn't think they kept the Eugene store open.

Cycle Sports of Eugene has a pretty good gear selection. Can't say I like the dealership itself though.

That would really suck :thumbsup:

If you want to go to a real dirt only shop, there is only one answer, Gran Prix Cycle in Albany, Oregon, right across from the Albany Supercross track.

Gary Beyer is the owner...tell him Jon Morgan sent you. All the rest of the shops are pretty much like going to the mall or going to a new car dealership.

If you are into husqvarnas, be sure to stop at Bill's MC Plus in Salem, OR.