Sign in to follow this  

Frame Guards?

So I took my brand new bike out for about two hours. I quickly noticed when I got it home that my frame tubes (blue) are all scratched up from the boots probably. I have an 06 wr250f. I'm new to the whole scene but does anyone recommend a certain type or brand of frame guards if they exist? Thanks!

I actually started a thread about on this topic not too long ago... there are a few options, the best seem to be Works Connection frame guards in combination with grip tape or the Yamaha frame guards that you can get from your local dealer.

I used the carbon fiber works guards. I wouldn't by them again, they look dumb and they wear out. If you are going to buy some then go for the Works Connection guards. I had them on my 125 and they work great.

Right now what I did was repaint my frame with some PJ1 yamaha blue then I stuck on some Stomp Grip.

I use Works Connection frame guards and a strip or two of electrical tape extending from just above the top of the guards to the upper part of the tubes. The tape stays on good and it peals off easy and leaves nice unscrached tubes. Replace tape when needed.

I like the blue plastic ones from yamaha. I wear white boots, and like to keep them white, it's hard to do with auluminum frame gaurds. The plastic ones do the job, and are cheap.

Bro, Don't worry abou the scratchs. Just enjoy the riding and the experience. THe more scratchs you have the more daring you become. Everything is replacable. Even body parts.

I like mine......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/MotoXRider43/YZ250F126.jpg

I wish my bike still looked like this...

thats a really good idea to wrap the tubes with that sticker stuff

on my 06 yz250f, i bought the carbon fiber works frame guards, everyone says they wear out quick, but i have about 2 months on mine and just scatches in them. and when they wear out you can recoat them. its a little work but i like the way they look

Is the carbon fiber sticker wrap the lightspeed registration wrap or something. :thumbsup: