Sign in to follow this  

Track Insurance

I am building a motocross track and everything is in place except the general liability insurance. I am having a lot of trouble finding a source. The broker I was using tried K&K but they did not want to do it because it is going to be a practice track only until we reach the break-even point on our investment and start reinvesting our revenue into the facility so we can hold races. I found National Motorsports Insurance on the web but they will not give me a qoute until the track is complete and all the required safety measures, like fencing, etc are in place so we can give them a detailed description of the track. I really need a quote for the business plan to present to the banker so we can proceed. The landowner has made it a stipulation that we possess liability insurance, plus we don't want to lose the track and our investment once we get it going if someone decides to sue.

I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me out. If any of you are track owners, or know someone who has track insurance, I'd really appreciate any info you could give. Thanks.

Likesdirt

K&K does not insure practice facilities - only competition events. National Motorsports can get flaky, too.

Try Naughton for a quote - as well as the Marvin Lloyd Co. (800-523-0241) in Tulsa.

Will some sort of bond work like an Indemnity Bond maybe? I am good friends with a track owner here in NC. I can ask him what he has done if you want.

Bultaco206: Thanks for the names.

Sealusion: I would appreciate it if you could ask him. Any info is helpful.