Sign in to follow this  

china bike with 138cc lifan?

Hey fellas, I live in Australia and was hoping u could help me out.

Id really like to know your thoughts on this bike that im probably gona buy soon. I dont have much to spend, around $1000usd and these are going for around $780 and look pretty decent for an ebay bike. What do u reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130013525249&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Theres also this one im lookin at which I think has better frame and forks but no oil cooler or primary mounted clutch. Cheers Scotty

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LTD-EDITION-138CC-PRO-ALLOY-MINI-BIKE-4-SPEED-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ230016145193QQihZ013QQcategoryZ32074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

go with the 1st one dude that big valve lifan head is worth 250 $us

mad little bike if u get ut uder a grand u carnt go wrong with the lifan

if it starts in any gear u have a goer for the price jump on it if u can dude

Crap Crap Crap,

Dude don't waste your money, they are gonna break faster than you can imagine, just look at the welding (it is very weak).... save some more money and get a better bike you will enjoy it much more and for longer.

there are some ssr's selling on ebay now, i would watch those because they are the best bikes you'll find on there. theres a c3 a 680 now i think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-PITBIKE-125CC-SSR-C-3-PIT-BIKE-XR-CRF-50-PIT-BIKE_W0QQitemZ130013996478QQihZ003QQcategoryZ100470QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-SSR-Motorsports-125-cc-Pit-Bike_W0QQitemZ250015909613QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the second one is the one i would scoop up right away if i were you, its normally a 1700 dollar bike and its really nice. just replace the back tire and you'd be good to go. here's a link to it for sale at another store.

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/PRO_SSR125_X3_Pit_Bike_p/pro%20ssr125-x3.htm

Crap Crap Crap,

Dude don't waste your money, they are gonna break faster than you can imagine, just look at the welding (it is very weak).... save some more money and get a better bike you will enjoy it much more and for longer.

You dont no shit mate, the welding on that bike looks fine. Im sure its just as good as whatever bike uve got. If not please show me.

This is the bikes frame. I dont think it will break or bend.

frame.jpg

Why dont people give other china bikes like Bosuer(BSE) a chance as they are of equal if not better quality than other more expensive bikes out there. By the way BSE make Mojo bikes(provert and motovert)

Yeh mate maybe, but your bike woulda cost 4x that much and i reckon this thing would thrash a stock thump at a quarter the price

I know that, I am just trying to safe you the heartache of buying a bike that wont serve you well.... I am not having a go at you at all.

fair enough mate but I dont want to spend that kind of money on somthing to have some fun on while my big bike is out of action and this seems like the best buy out there for that sought of money

Crap Crap Crap,

Sorry to tell you but what he says is true very true I owned one (lifan) and you will need to buy 4 (one for every 3 months)if you plan on riding them rough at all.Also nowhere near the hp that a good pit bike would put out if you just saved your money.This is not a slam on china made bikes but its is the truth (7.0KW, 9.45HP (7500 +/- 500r/min) I would say the numbers are false after riding it than riding a pit bike's that was 4 times the price.If you cant buy a good used pit bike than I would save your money. Frame and welding will not hold up true fact and remember you asked about this bike's so don't get all :ride::thumbsup: and when someone is telling you about them.

I had two bikes before my CRF with the lifan 120, They were as fast if not faster than mates thumpters with GPX-Jailing donks in em and both got given heaps and no probs whatsoever. I appreciate other peoples views but it just pisses me off when people get biased just because they have paid alot more for their bikes because of a brand name.

did you guys even pay attention to my post? for almost the same price you could get a ssr, which are very good bikes, and i deffinitely would choose them over others, and yes, i know they are chinese, but they are a chinese brand that makes some decent quality stuff. and also, you can get parts for the ssr if it were to ever brake, order them up from outlaw. also, thumpstars have many of the same quote "piece of shit junk that those chinese bikes have" are included. for example teh forks, but they still do come with loads more and better quality then those other bikes.

do any of u relise this guy is in AUSTRALIA and is talking AUS dollars

and for that price i would get one

i did relize that he was in australia, and about the money difference. the first one he posted and said was 780, he was talking american dollars i thi8nik, because if not thats what it would be around i think. and then the other one isnt bad for the price, 700 amerian is still a little over priced for those.

personally, the first one doesnt looks to bad, id get one if i had the money and he was in america.

IMO, the motors are not tested at all, it is a bore job being dione by a China factory, not the real engine factory. Take your chances and tell use if the motor holds up.

Good luck.

go with the 1st one dude that big valve lifan head is worth 250 $us

mad little bike if u get ut uder a grand u carnt go wrong with the lifan

if it starts in any gear u have a goer for the price jump on it if u can dude

Check this out , a Lifan big valve "R" (27 mm inlet /23 mm exhaust) monster head went for $20.50 AUD on Aus ebay !

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29705&item=4639742557

Yes the 1st bike has a much better motor but the 2nd bike has a much better frame . Everyone is going for the 1st bikes with the kick in gear Lifan 138 and the oil cooler . If the seller of the second bike would fit the kick in gear 138's with oil cooler into his bikes , he'd have a winner for around $1000 AUS .

IMO, the motors are not tested at all, it is a bore job being dione by a China factory, not the real engine factory. Take your chances and tell use if the motor holds up.

Good luck.

The seller of the 1st bike told me that the true capacity is actually 134 cc . He said it was rounded up to 138 for "advertising" purposes (aka B.S) ! I had a suspicion that they weren't supplied with that bore size directly from Lifan and that put me off them (I was looking at buying an engine w/oil cooler for $500 AUS but decided to wait and see how they check out in feedback). So just like Pitster says , it remains to be seen how they hold up ! Take a really good close-up look at the engine capacity stamped on the side of the cylinder on bike 2 !! It doesn't look like it was done by the Lifan factory !

http://home.exetel.com.au/miumiuxuxu1/dpro/dpro5.jpg