Sign in to follow this  

CB250R parts compatability

I have road wheels that I use on my XR midweek (and when the mood takes me to go road-riding with my mates on their sports bikes on weekends). Because the rims are 17" my speedo is out by about 20%. I have raised this problem in a different thread regarding bike computers.

To cut a long story short I'd rather have an analog speedo than an expensive digital one (mostly cuz that's all I can afford and I didn't fancy the trailtech Endurance which is sorta within my price bracket). But I digress.

My wheels are off a CB250R. My question is this: If I bought an old speedo for a CB250R would it read true? Naturally this would depend on the gearing in the wheel drive being the same for both bikes, and the cable fitting would also need to be compatible (ideally I'd liketo use the XR4 cable and just change the speedos around when I alternate between road and dirt wheels).

Alternatively does anyone know of another honda roadbike that uses the same speedo front-wheel gear assembly as the XR4 (and hopefully a similar or same speedo cable (but probably just shorter).

Anyone got any thoughts on this - or even better a CB250R that they can take to bits for my benefit :-)

Ad(thanks)vance

Meatbomb........

From what I have seen the cable ends are identical on my '75 XL175, '79 XL250S, '82 XL250R, '88 XR250R and '94 XR250L. Even if the PNs aren't the same chances are good that the cables will cross over. What your saying might work IF you take the speedo drive from the CB250R Axle. I don't know about fitment there but if you got the wheels to work... Please post pics of your road wheels. I'd love to have a set of Road Only Wheels for my bike.