Sign in to follow this  

XR250/400 specification archives

Can anyone tell me where to find online specification sheets for XR250's AND XR400's years 2000 through the last year 2004?

I am looking to buy one or the other for my 17 year old son and I would like to compare the differences between the two in the later model years.

I have already spent considerable time reading the XR250/400 threads to see which bike everyone prefers and why.

Thanks a bunch.

I'm the same age as ur son and have the 250. my dad's almost (one year shy) of being 25 twice and has the XL250 (1986 model). For here in the northeast I really don't want anything bigger. It's super rare that i can go wide open and not scare myself... even less often that i am really looking for more. But I ride alot of tight trails where your doing good if ur in third (atleast for me). If your gonna be in sand all the time (and i mean deep sand... where u need to be up on plain almost) or alot of desert rideing where you are wide open all the time go with the 400, if it's tight or he isn't very strong, the 250... it's heavy enough.

Hondalover check this out:

http://www.4strokes.com/models/

It only goes back to '02 but it should help you a bit.

Also check out www.bikez.com

That site has some useful info also.

The 4Strokes.com is exactly what I was looking for thanks. I saw the bikez.com before....it's kind of lame.

Anyone know where else I can find specifications on 2001 XR250 and earlier (perhaps to 1998)?