should I buy this SDG speed mini?

Can someone give me the lowdown on the engine problems with the 05 SDG bikes? I have a friend that Has a SDG speed mini 107 that has had gear problems and just had a new motor put in it (under warranty). He wants to sell the bike to me for 1500$ with this new motor. sounds like a fair deal to me but am I going to have to replace the motor once again? was there any recall on the faulty motors. This will be my first pit-bike... I would like to have it for a while:) any info or opinion on my situation is welcomed. thanks in advance.

what about an ssr125-b2 is better than an SDG speed mini... other than no motor problems.

Not trying to push a bike on you. My opinion is that SDG's are overpriced and you can get a brand new bike for the same amount as the used SDG. But, since you asked the B2's has a 124cc motor, CNC adjustable front forks and it is brand new instead of used.

ya ive owned a sdg speed mini, with my experience with the bike ide definatly spend the extra couple hundred on a NEW bike, the 2 that outlaw mentioned have alot more newer style parts, (mono swinger, inverted forks) i have the x2, it will blow away the sdg like its a baby in a stroller, not to mention the suspention is 1000x's better than the 3inches of travel the sdg has

your choice but the other bikes are a far better buy

I would stay away from sdg.Overpriced piles of pooh.The 107 motor is nitorius for trannys grenading.A friend of mine bought a sdg 107 and had the tranny fixed three times in less than a year.If you plan on riding the bike hard be prepared to have the cash on hand when it grenades and it will grenade eventualy.Go with what outlaw has shown you better bikes with awsome support.Or look into a RCM I think they are still on sale.Good luck and stay away from sdg and thumpstars aswell

i've never had any problems with the SDG and mines a full time race bike.

the first series to come out had shat house kickstart gears cause they were made of a hard plastic and just shattered (hence warrenty) but the problem was fixed for the 2nd series and they created an wasome little pit bike, i've rode a few diffrent pit bikes here in AUS and i still main tain the SDG has one of the best 110cc motors ever an after market CDI and a new pipe and watch the little thing light up

check the link to see the photos of my sdg build up http://www.fmxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20771

Yeah, looks like the frame is bent (camel-backed) look at the front wheel position. Foot peg bent backwards, rear number plate broken. Some one had a few bad spills.

You got that right,that thing looks like it had some meetings with a brick wall.That front end looks sweet,bet it handles great hahaha.