Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400s Lowering link

Hello,

I am looking to lower my 2003 DRZ400s. I put the Suzuki gel seat on, but still need a little. I went to the Kouba link site, apparantly they are out of business. I was unable to find any info on them now. Any suggestions?

I have a nearly new set of DRZ3's that I have been meaning to put on eBay, but these may lower your bike more than you want (considering you have the gel seat). The 3's lower the rear approx. 1.75 inches, but be warned, the suspension gets a little too soft in my opinion. I also got some 1" handlebar risers so I could push the fork tubes up some in the triple clamps to lower the front. I've now put everything back to stock and put on the EXTREMELY uncomfortable gel seat instead. My links came from Carl's also. They shipped them out fast with no hassles at all.. highly recommended if that's the route you take.

Do a search the kouba link before you buy one, just make sure you really need it because even the shortest drop is enough to really mess with your suspension.

Thanks for the info from Carl's. What were you looking to sell the drz3's for?

I'm 5'-8" at 185. Own a 2004 DRZ400s. Did the gel seat and thought I was still to tall in the saddle but now after a few months of riding I would not think of going lower. I know your bike seems tall but maybe give some time like I did and you might think twice about lowering it further. Good luck.

Yeh. I just replaced the seat last month. Probably only 20 hours on the gel seat. I assume it wil eventually break in.

Yeh. I just replaced the seat last month. Probably only 20 hours on the gel seat. I assume it wil eventually break in.

Yeah, right :thumbsup:

I would recommend you fab up some links from 1/4" plate just to make sure you like the ride.

I am short by anyone's standard at 5'5" and my bike is fine with the seat foam chopped out.