Sign in to follow this  

Steel Braided Brake Line with FLEXX Bars

Is anyone running a Steel Braided front brake line with FLEXX bars on their bike? I tried a Galfer (MSR) and I had 2 issues with it. 1. the cable was an inch shorter than stock, so the fit was a little tight...assuming I had the top loop that the line typically is run through on the fork, it would have been rubbing on it and may have even snapped the loop off. For the line to fit in a "relaxed" state, it wasn't all that far off of the front fender :thumbsup: 2. The bend where the cable attaches to the reservoir wasn't quite enough to completely miss the bolt on the bars (the bolt that holds the elastometer/bars in place). The bend on the stock cable was quite a bit more...the bend in the Galfer wasn't much, if I was to dump the bike, the cable could potentially get damaged because of the bolt :applause: Does anyone successfully/satisfactorily run a Steel Braided line with their FLEXX bars? And if so, which brand did you go with? I thought about trying a 450X cable, but those are really long, about 5 inches longer at least and then I'd have to worry about it getting caught on things :ride:

My buddy Rick has a steel braided front line with Flexbars. I think his is from Ride Engineering.

ben