Sign in to follow this  

pmb yzf sparky work on a 06 wrf

i was woundering if you could some how take all the guts out of a 06 wr250f stock pipe and replace it by puting a pmb sparky over it? are the canisters the same size? thanks

If what you want, is to have a stock YZF system, I will trade your stock WR silencer for a stock 05 YZ250F silencer.

For an endcap, I think a buddy has a used Dr D endcap. I can see what he wants for it.

PM me if interested.

Joe, your 05 silencer may not fit with the 06 bikes (and vice versa) - different frame mounting points.

Make sure to check with the manufacturer, I know the endcap has changed shape for the 06 bikes from previous years.

Joe, your 05 silencer may not fit with the 06 bikes (and vice versa) - different frame mounting points.

Make sure to check with the manufacturer, I know the endcap has changed shape for the 06 bikes from previous years.

His is a 06 WR250. My 05 WR's muffler fits just fine on our 05 YZF and vice-versa. Going by the Yamaha parts fiche, the muffler part numbers are the same from 05 to 06 WR250s, so his should be a fit.

thanks for the replys. but just to make sure the canisters are the same size right?

They appear close, but not close enough to swap endcaps, IMO. I measured my 05 YZ250F stock muffler compared to the 05 WR250 muffler. The YZ measures at 330mm (approx) circumference compared to 350mm approx circumference on the WR.

They appear close, but not close enough to swap endcaps, IMO. I measured my 05 YZ250F stock muffler compared to the 05 WR250 muffler. The YZ measures at 330mm (approx) circumference compared to 350mm approx circumference on the WR.

that sucks :thumbsup:. did you look it up also or what. the part #s must be diffrent. oh well maybe i can get it to work. lol.

I have the two bikes side by side in the garage so I could measure the two muffler bodies.

You maybe could get the Dr D to work, but it would take some duct tape and wire, but it will probably fall apart on the trail. Mufflers need to be sturdy.

Back up a step though.... Putting an endcap on a WR muffler is probably not a performance improvement. You could very likely end up with a poor performing loud barker bike.