Sign in to follow this  

Chicago boys taking a trip to Kentucky. Where to ride?

Hey guys. A few of us from Chicago gonna be taking a trip and riding on the 26th and possibly 27th. We meeting a few boys from Tennesee.

Where is a good place to ride? We like off road and trails and climbs. THanks!

Land Between the Lakes, KY - Tn border on Tennessee River. Trails, stay off the main, hill climbs.

www.lbl.org

Other option would be Daniel Boone National Forest with S-Tree and Turkey Foot right next to each other in the London District and the long (64 miles loop) Redbird in the Redbird District. Lots of challenging trails- hope you like rocks! : :ride: Both are 45-60 minutes from London KY.

Check out:http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/ohv_main.shtml

Have fun- I'm riding there the 18-19th with my brother.

Marc from Indy :thumbsup:

2000 ATK 250LQ

Aww man these places look nice! I would really like to do a 64 mile loop. How long does it take roughly?

If your coming down I-75 South, Redbird & Daniel Boone Trail system would be a few hours closer than Land between the lakes, as it is in Western Ky about 4 hours from London, Ky. There are a few high walls to climb at Daniel Boone Trails system.

Daniel Boone Trails

Here is some info:

The new Dainel Boone Trail System is located Leslie and Clay Countes in Southeastern Kentucky. The trail system offers approx. 100 miles of trails operated by the Leslie County Fiscal Court and by the Reb Bird Forestry District. The Daniel Boone Trail System is open to ATV's, dirt bikes, and utility vehicles such as Rhinos, Rangers, and Mules. It is also open to horseback riding and hiking. The trail system offers RV campground at the trailhead that has 29 RV slots that have electric, water, and cable TV. For more information about the Trail System they can be contact a PO Box 619, Hyden KY, 41749 Telephone: (606) 672-3200 or visit the KYO FORUM for a information on this Trail System and others.

Doesn't sound like your going to have a problem with this but stay away from I 81 and Bristol TN. It's the NASCAR night race on the 26th. 150,000 people. :applause: There will be an influx of people Fri and Sat on I75, I40, I81 etc. Not trying to discourage you just to inform. :thumbsup: Daniel Boone has some great trails. I have always had fun up there. I highly recommend it. :ride:

What area are you looking at? Go to my website www.kyharescramble.com Look at the schedule. Different areas, maps. I can hook you up if you nail down an area! Come down on Sept 17, have a race that weekend! (Schedule change from the 10th)

That is quite an opening page on your website! I was waiting for the color to explode onto the screen. :thumbsup::ride: