Sign in to follow this  

450X - 450R fork tubes

I have to buy a new lower fork tube because mine has chipped and have found a guy on ebay selling 450r complete forks for the same price as a new lower fork tube and was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two forks. The dealer near me said they are different part numbers but was not sure what was different. My guess is different springs and valves but wanted to check. I will probably end up re-valving and springing these anyways to work for my weight but wanted to make sure they will fit and work on my X before i spend the cash.

I have to buy a new lower fork tube because mine has chipped and have found a guy on ebay selling 450r complete forks

It sounds like he is asking if he can use R forks with X triples. Not that he wants to mix and match.

I don't know the answer but I wanted to clarify the question before this thread got off track.

I have 04 CRF450R forks on my 05 CR250R, fits/works just fine.

The only problem with CRF450R forks on a "X" would be the mount for the odometer. You would most likely have to remove the odo hub & replace with after market spacer.

I'vee used r forks on my x, the only diff other than spring rate/ valving is the overall lengh, which is easily adjusted by dropping them in the clamps.