Sign in to follow this  

New DR650se...Any upgrades?

I have just aquired a stock 2004 DR650se and would like to install a race pipe, jet kit, and any other performance upgrades.... Any advice?

First things first...re-spring the suspension...it will amaze you, unless you are 5'2 and 130lbs.

If you plan on doing any offroad get some real barkbusters and handlebars, the stockers bend way to easy, and offer little protection

Also I'd get a skid plate, even with new suspenders the DR sits lower than a dirt bike and I'm always slamming into rocks and logs

I would agree with DansDr about the suspension upgrade. I ordered the Eibach springs from Jesse (www.kientech.com) and put them on last weekend. I am 6' 230 # and it really makes a difference from stock.

Took a hillbilly holiday from work today as I am anticipating my Corbin showing up today which I also got from Jesse.

I got my 2006 in March (got a blue one, you know the fast one !) so here is a list of mods I've done so far (in order of application):

OEM skid plate

Maxxis M6006 50/50 tires

14t JT front sprocket

45t rear steel sprocket from Esjot (esjot.com)

Pro Moto Billet rack

lower chain roller

"E-Bay" Rack (got this one for long road/camping trips)

Garmin E-Trex Legend GPS

Eibach springs

Corbin seat

Future wish list/pondering:

Dynojet kit

FMF pipe

air filter upgrade

fork brace

headlight bulb change (Silverstar)

handlebars,grips

How you mod your bike really depends on where and how you ride. Thats the beauty of the DR - it really comes in a vanilla flavor waiting for you to put the toppings on! :thumbsup: