Sign in to follow this  

MUST do FREE mod

Well I finally got around to wiring the AP on my new 06.After having fairly good throttle response before I was little skeptical until I actually decided to watch the AP linkage move when I took the throttle and went wide open.The linkage went WAY slower than the screw did.

Im currently uploading the article that I used as a guideline to wire it together.It is wrote by Tom @ Gapracing and was published in MRA(motorcycle racing action).

I highly suggest this mod to anyone with a 250f.I think it ended up costing me around 83cents.I boght a roll of galvanized steel wire and used about 3inches out of the 100ft of it in the roll.

What size leak jet did you wind up with while using this mod? What is your elevation where you are? Thanks for any info, I have been meaning to do this mod but have been too lazy.

Your not the only one who has been to lazy to do it.I didnt change anything at all except wired the AP.

Not quite sure what elevation I am at but I live in PA zipcode 17815.

The article is posted above but if for some reason you cant see it or need it emailed to you for another reason let me know and I will email it to you.

Your not the only one who has been to lazy to do it.I didnt change anything at all except wired the AP.

Not quite sure what elevation I am at but I live in PA zipcode 17815.

The article is posted above but if for some reason you cant see it or need it emailed to you for another reason let me know and I will email it to you.

Yeah I can't see it. Email please.

What size leak jet did you wind up with while using this mod? What is your elevation where you are? Thanks for any info, I have been meaning to do this mod but have been too lazy.

With the 06 leak being a 80,which is pretty lean,I think we should be good to go.With the AP mod if you have a 40 or 50 leak you will need to go up,which is leaner.The AP mod richens up the squirt.

Baron von beard,redbeard,will have something to say about this. He has written a whole article with pics,going into detail. Wonder what the date is on the magazine article.

Isn't it possible to just adjust the AP timing by turning the screw in or out?

Yes, turning it in loosens the play and delays the squirt,turning it out tightens the play and squirts earlier. The manual has you adjusting it by slipping a piece of anything under the slide that is .8mm in height. Then you just take the play out of the linkage by turning out. .8mm basically the slide is bottomed out and .8mm does nothing to prop it up. After you adjust the AP timing, then you do the ap mod with the wire and diaphragm. Adjusting the AP screw is different than the AP MOD.The AP mod links the screw and linkage together,giving a more instantaneous shot of fuel to the motor.

Thank you for this mod. I did not believe one can cure a 250F bog on sudden throttle wack. Well, this sorted it. It has been a year long quest. I needed to cure it, as I ride very technical stuff.

Thanx again

Armand

1500m @ 26 Deg C / 5000 ft @ 79 Deg F

Model (YZ or WR 250F): 06 wr250f

Timing (WR-YZ): wr

Main jet: 175

Pilot Jet: 42 (stock)

Fuel screw (turns out): 1 1/2

Needle model/Clip position: JD Jetting red needle 3rd clip

40 leak jet

Airbox mod

FMF pipe

Every single thing in that article is from my writeup. Even the wording is similar. What's the date on that article?

BVB,

That article was in this months District 6 Newspaper, Motocross Racing Action (original name huh!). I thought it sounded familiar. Send an email demanding copywrite credit (and/or$$$) to techtips@gapracing.com. I'm not familiar w/Gap Racing.

http://www.mcracingaction.com/

BVB,

That article was in this months District 6 Newspaper, Motocross Racing Action (original name huh!). I thought it sounded familiar. Send an email demanding copywrite credit (and/or$$$) to techtips@gapracing.com. I'm not familiar w/Gap Racing.

http://www.mcracingaction.com/

I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it. I do have it on this forum in plain view for any and all to steal and make it their own. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it. I do have it on this forum in plain view for any and all to steal and make it their own. :thumbsup:

Then it is therefore NOT copyrighted - I believe there is a whole process to getting a document officially copyrighted...

haha.I will ask tom about it when I see him next.probably early next week.He is the one who wrote that.

I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it. I do have it on this forum in plain view for any and all to steal and make it their own. :applause:

All things a side,your name should have been mentioned a few times in his article :thumbsup: Really your article. He plagiarized your mod ,which is not cool at all with me. :applause: Trying to be a hero from someone else's hard work,and not mentioning his or hers name, is being totally a scab. I am from district 6,what is this persons full name? Does anyone know if this person who plagiarized Von Beards mod does engine work or owns a business associated with our sport? SCAB,SCAB,SCAB, . Von Beard has every right to be offended and outraged,s##t I am. :ride: