Sign in to follow this  

Gear Oil changing period

how often do you guys change out your gear oil? what conditions and how fast do u ride (if that matters). i mostly ride around through 1st and 2 gear trails with the occasional burst of 3-4th gear straights (for a minute or so max). should i change every ride, or however many hours of riding?

how often do you guys change out your gear oil? what conditions and how fast do u ride (if that matters). i mostly ride around through 1st and 2 gear trails with the occasional burst of 3-4th gear straights (for a minute or so max). should i change every ride, or however many hours of riding?

It really depends on how bad you beat the tranny. Kids that race on 85cc machines should change their oil every weekend. Casual weekend riders that are not so abusive on the clutch should change the trans fluid once every 2 months. If you feather the clutch a lot, or ride in sand maybe once every month.....

Most bikes don't even hold a quart of trans fluid. A quart of oil costs about $6. A smoked clutch from "skanked" oil will cost you $120..... so draw your own conclusion.

every 5 rides will do u fine if ure riding as u descibed. just use bell-ray gear oil 80W and ure fine.

i did use belrays but then couldn't find it anywhere so i started using this stuff. it just says "gear saver: 80w-90" on the cover.

I change mine after every 2 rides or about 100 miles. I run atf type f so it only costs me under $2 to change it and 10 minutes so I might as well do it often.

I change mine every 5-10 rides. This equals me about 5-10 hours of riding. If your always on the clutch or riding in rivers alot or race change it more often.

I do it after either, every ride or every other ride depending on the circumstances.

Do you race? If not, you are wasting a lot of money. Play riders do not need to change the trans oil every other ride, but at least you are safe.