Sign in to follow this  

Evart Sat 8/12 @ 9:00am

Slowjoe and I are going. Who else is in. I seen some interest from a few others in a few other threads about an Evart ride this weekend. Sooooo

Sndmn2 you in?

Dirtr1der...what about you?

I gotta be home by 3:00pm at the lattest hence the early start.

Yeah, but I have to convince the masses. You really want to beat that 1.32 dont you???

I'll send out an email now. Getting there by nine means I have to leave at 6. I'll see what I can do. We'll probably do the loop twice, just reverse our way after lunch.

Whats going on at 3????

Alright, we're in. Myself and at least 2 more, maybe 3. We'll plan to be there at 9 leaving Detroit at 6. YZman, I haven't ridden Evart in 7 years. Whats the quickest way to the south parking area? Is it right off 7 mile? Better yet, give me the coordinates if you have them. See you Saturday!!!! I'll PM my cell number too! :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Whats going on at 3????

Wife works nights and I have a kid to tend to.

And I have a dinner thing at 5:30 to be at.

Ill see if I can get you a gps coordinate for the parking lot tonight.

Don't worry about the coordinates. I found in on Mapsource last night. Already got it routed. Just got to shoot it to the Etrex.

Great ride on Saturday! :ride::applause: I like the Evart loop, especially the top (north) side. It was a nice challenge compared to some of the easier trails I've been riding this summer. However, the digger I took early on in the ride has made me quite sore. A trip to the chiro this week is definitely in order.

YZman, Sndmn, it was good to see y'all again. It was nice to meet some others (slowjoe) as well - and Bill, if I remember right, on the other KTM.

Till the next time - C-Ya! :thumbsup:

Feech

Yep that was a fun ride. I was a little off all day but still had a good time out there. Nice to se ya's as well as meet a few new folks.

Just returned from a week in MI and rode Evart twice. What a great loop. Nice rocky climbs and my son must have spent 45 min in the Sugar Bowl.

Just returned from a week in MI and rode Evart twice. What a great loop. Nice rocky climbs and my son must have spent 45 min in the Sugar Bowl.

The Sugar Bowl??? Did I miss something?

Big sandy bowl to play around in. Slowjoe hit it. I think the rest of us just blew by it. Its close to the top of the trail. Sandy hill climbs to test out how much muscle your bike has. Fun ride guys. We"ll have to do it again.

The Sugar Bowl??? Did I miss something?

Ya I missed the trail and went down into it. When you seen me coming up that rock infested step hill climb, that was it. You were sitting there waiting for the last two guys, and I shot up that hill and went down the trail. Nothing special. Great ride even though I had to ride most of it with only front brakes. That did make the rocky down hills a little more interesting though.

Im not so sure that the sand bowl is legal to ride on. Ive seen signs stating its off limits before. But I have heard its legal to ride also so I am not sure. When in doubt pass it by I always say. Better to be safe than sorry.

Ya I missed the trail and went down into it. When you seen me coming up that rock infested step hill climb, that was it. You were sitting there waiting for the last two guys, and I shot up that hill and went down the trail. Nothing special. Great ride even though I had to ride most of it with only front brakes. That did make the rocky down hills a little more interesting though.

Now I remember. !!!! Too much Sudafed that day! :thumbsup: