Sign in to follow this  

Hhhhhh HELP!!!!!!!!

I have a problem!!!!!

got on my bike after the tinkering today and i've lost all middle and top end power!

the throttle has no response at all!!!!

heres what i did today!

took everything off to access the carb.

loosened both side of the carb to allow it to be twisted. losened and moved the throttle cables to allow it to movve far enuf to get to the o/s screw.

undid the o/s screw and as i buggered the n/s screw i twisted the cap slightly, see if it wud loosen.

didnt work so i did all the above but in reverse!

found there was a lack of power, so i took it all apart again and saw that a rubber bit was sticky out the site of the diaphram. re arranged it all and put it back as i thougth was correct. got back on the bike and still ****ed!

what could i have done??? is there a tube that connects to the underside of the diaphram cap, as i cudnt see one?

is the bike ok to ride to work and back tomorrow? 10 miles in total!

i have a half day of work tomoro so i can attempt to fix properly!!

any help will not go un noticed!

Dude, you screwed up big time. You should go ahead and sell you bike to me for $2500. That's all it's worth now.

I thought they spoke english in england.

What are the n/s and o/s screws?

Damn, I hate to read about all the problems people have taking apart their carbs when I am just a few days from my FCR install!

I am NO carb expert, but that sounds like a giant air leak or fuel starvation case...

Hopefully the guys who know better will chime in soon...

Know way I can diagnose this. I dont know what you did. I suspect it has something to do with what you took off. Did you get the carb full seated in the intake boot? Did you get the cap back on properly?-if that bit of rubber that was sticking out is leaking it may run badly. Did you remove the peice on the left side which has wires coming from it? (throttleposition sensor)? Did you re-attach all hoses (do you have a vaccuum hose on UK bikes?)?

Did you remove throttle cables? If so, did you get them back on with the correct amount of slack (and not too much)?

You state it doesnt make power, but does it do anything else funny? Does it bog when you open the throttle? Does it seems lazy or rich? Is your fuel line kinked?

need more info

I am guessing

I thought they spoke english in england.

What are the n/s and o/s screws?

near side and off-side I think near side is left and o/s is right (from mounting position)

Know way I can diagnose this. I dont know what you did. I suspect it has something to do with what you took off. Did you get the carb full seated in the intake boot? Did you get the cap back on properly?-if that bit of rubber that was sticking out is leaking it may run badly. Did you remove the peice on the left side which has wires coming from it? (throttleposition sensor)? Did you re-attach all hoses (do you have a vaccuum hose on UK bikes?)?

Did you remove throttle cables? If so, did you get them back on with the correct amount of slack (and not too much)?

You state it doesnt make power, but does it do anything else funny? Does it bog when you open the throttle? Does it seems lazy or rich? Is your fuel line kinked?

need more info

I am guessing

I moved the throttle cables! and pulled aload of cable thru, that may be it!

i open the throttle and nothing happens! engine seems be cutting out alot :thumbsup: Fuel line isnt kinked, thats fine.

did you loose the small O-ring on top of the carb? Double check by openning the top of the carb again (black cover on top). once you do that check for air leaks. Get some carb cleaner and spray the carb when re-installed and see if you idle goes up, if so, you have an air leak and need to find it.

attach cables so that the closing cable is snug but not tight when butterfly is closed. Then attach pull cable so that it is just a bit slack-again snug but not tight when butterfly is closed. Ths should allow the butterfly to open fully.

(just to be sure you understand this, and others who may read this) throttle controls buttlerfly valve on mikuni cv carb. The slide is openned and closed by vaccuum pressure and spring, the cables dont do anything to the slide.

If you were hammering on it you may have dislodged things but I dont think so, I hammered on mine pretty hard to break those same screws loose when it was new. Dont know how badly it's running so cant say whether to ride it or not.

Ok heres the deal!

I finally managed to crack both screws on the top of the carb!

Took it off made sure there was no holes in the diaphram.

I also pulled out the slide that houses the needle but it wasnt happy about goin back in, and the parts inside came lose. Putting it back together how i thought didnt quite work out.

It starts up and idles well. but give it alot of gas and the engine loses revs.

there are no air leaks (although i did manage to misplace the small o-ring) but there is summat not right.

I think it might be how i arranged the needle, spring and plastic (i dont know wot)

I put the needle in first, then the spring directly on top, followed by the plastic thing. ??

http://w33.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurename=strip_01&pa=/d71/HeaD87/

Pics of the whole way through! any ideas???

Please help my bike is very sick! :thumbsup:

sorry to hear you're having probs.

You need to assemble the needle correctly and then install the slide carefully, being sure the needle goes into the hole in the carb throat. Ron Ayers.com has micro fiches on their site which will show you how the parts assemble. I could tell you but that invites misunderstanding and misdirection, better for you to look at the pics. The small o-ring you lost on canadian bikes does nothing but your cap looks different (has a fitting on top) and it may do something important. Try to trace the holes and see what it does. I plugged mine after loosing the o-ring but havent run it since.

Assemble these things gently. They go together easily when everything is lined up right.

I would say your current running issue has something to do with the needle being assembled wrong. Your previous running issues might be the same depending on how hard you hammered on it (maybe dislodged the needle keeper).

Ok, i think i have found the problem!

I took apart the carb and put it back together according to the fishe minus the o-ring. so i used sum plumbers tape, as its light and sticky just to see what happened.

Put it all back together and started her up. sounded great! got on and opened up the throttle and there was all the throttle response of before! =D

put it back in the garge and began just reving and the it started to "mermer" again, when i opened the throttle.

What i'm thinking is that the o-ring not being there is causing an air leak. So monday im going to local dealer to order the o-ring! then cross fingers i'll be back on the road by mid week! *crosses fingers!*