Sign in to follow this  

Berg at high elevation

Hey there

We're taking our bikes to ride Colorado and Idaho singletrack. We'll be riding to 10-13,000 ft. I have a TE250, prepared to put a 168 main jet in the carb and he has a FE450. The berg runs better stock at elevation but we got a 170 main jet just in case. We both have the Keihen carbs. What do you guys think? Should we bring more main jets? I don't plan to change the pilot jets (haven't had to with any other bikes we've brought there before). Has anyone rode the bergs (or husky!) at this high of elevation? If so, any tips would be fantastic so I don't get pissed off on the trails!

Thanks!

I have rode my FE550 at Mammoth Lakes 8000 - 10,000 feet without any problems. If you were going to re-jet the pilot and needle will be more important than the main jet as you spend more time on those than the main at 3/4 to full throttle.

Hello Huskygirl,

You'll most likely get a much better response at theUHE (Unofficial Husaberg Enthusiasts) site as there are several members from CO and ID. I doubt the two of you will have any problems but if you do, I would think the same as sacberg in that a pilot jet change would be more important than a main jet change.

I currently ride a 2005 FE550e and will be riding in the Sawtooth Mts. of Idaho next month. Maybe I should consider taking an extra pilot jet or two as well, although I've never had to rejet for Idaho with my previous bikes. :ride:

Have a great time!:thumbsup:

Log

hey huskygirl, nice berg pix in the latest brc mag btw. i saw them and my heart skipped a beat, thinking you had finally wised up and gotten a real motorcycle. then i realized it was ilya's bike :thumbsup:

i live at 6500', and my bike runs great from 3000' up to at least 10,000'. using dale lineaweaver's custom needle and a 160 mainjet.

of course it's a 550, with a 41mm carb, so that information is probably completely useless to you. still, i'd invest $5 in a couple smaller jets, main and pilot, just in case. it only takes a few minutes to change on the berg. have fun on your trip.

mw

Mr. Velosapiens,

thanks regarding brc, and just you wait till I get on a real bike! FYI-you missed out when I was on my vor...(wierd bike but the power was there for awhile) Yeah, I hear you-Ilya's telling me the same thing. Got some main jets for our bikes-an assortment. The berg has a 39mm carb, not planning on changing the pj-probably the main. And mine is a cute little 37mm-will plan on changing the pj (to a 42) and the main jet (will play with a 168, 165, or 163). Thanks & hope to see you on the trails again sometime,

thanks regarding brc, and just you wait till I get on a real bike!

lol, already had my a$$ handed to me when you were riding the xr250. i'll just stay here and ride with the pokey old men. :thumbsup:

lol, already had my a$$ handed to me when you were riding the xr250. i'll just stay here and ride with the pokey old men. :thumbsup:

Yeah right-you're just trying to make me blush,

k

Hey Huskygirl,

Regarding BRC;

After seeing this thread yesterday I was wondering if you might be the gal that wrote the article in BRC. Afterall, how many women ride Huskys who happen to have a BF on a Husaberg?

Great article and photos including the cover! Damn, Ilya is one lucky man!:thumbsup:

Later,

Log

Hey Huskygirl,

Regarding BRC;

After seeing this thread yesterday I was wondering if you might be the gal that wrote the article in BRC. Afterall, how many women ride Huskys who happen to have a BF on a Husaberg?

Great article and photos including the cover! Damn, Ilya is one lucky man!:thumbsup:

Later,

Log

Hey there Log

Missed a few days of thumper talk! So this is a belated reply (oops)-Was out riding though...Regarding BRC, yep that's me. Ilya sucks taking photos of me, but I got some good shots of him! My favorite is of him in the snow. And thanks!

K

Hey there Log

Missed a few days of thumper talk! So this is a belated reply (oops)-Was out riding though...Regarding BRC, yep that's me. Ilya sucks taking photos of me, but I got some good shots of him! My favorite is of him in the snow. And thanks!

K

Glad to hear you're out there getting more time on the trail. I've gotta give Ilya some credit here. I think the two photos he took of you are excellent Huskygirl! :thumbsup: I'll agree, your shot of him and the Berg in the snow is way cool. It's also cool that all the photos BRC printed happen to be in color.

Happy trails Huskygirl,

Log