Sign in to follow this  

EFI for Husky's?

I know other manufacturers are either intalling EFI or rumoring to eventually go to EFI......anyone know of Hunky's plans for the future?

... now, when do the bikes get it?! :thumbsup:

Not until it is 100% sorted out I hope. Additionally I hope it comes with a limp home feature. I do rides where the 40 mile walk out could take days.

K

I think about those 40 mile walks... what would you do???

It would be wise to throw the following in your backpack when doing that kind of ride:

- Survival blanket

- Cheap minimal sandals (the light thin type)

- Water

- Cell phone (ok that one is obvious!)

- GPS if you have one (better mounted to bars :thumbsup: )

- Some energy bars or something

Some of that stuff would stash well in a tool pouch...

It can't be too far off. The current TC/TE motors have the lug on the back of the head were the mechanical FI trigger would go, behind the cam gear. Only thing is, now days any FI would most likely be electronic. I was surprised to see the 09' spy photo's not hiding a FI set up.

Soon I hope. :thumbsup:

EFI is good....but i was desiring it more because soon to be inforced Euro3 emissions...now Husqvarna made it possible to pass Euro3 with a carb so im no more so excited about EFI...EFI as lots of problems and you need to buy hardware/software to calibrate it if you want DIY...that hrdware/software can be very expensive sometimes (i.e. Aprilia SXV/RXV +/- 3000 € !!!)

If they were smart they would support OBDII - that way you could do a lot of things with a generic reader...