Grizzly Hare Scrambles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down and worked on the Griz course on Saturday. You all are gonna enjoy this race.

The Woods sections are a mix of tight and technical, and fast as you dare through alder and cottonwood saplings. There will be many passing lane choices in the woods around trees.

We will also be using some jeep trail to connect sections up. It may be a mix of high and slow speed stuff. There is a short nasty boulder down hill we may be throwing in the mix. :ride: It will have a much longer bypass for those who like the way their exhaust and graphics looked at the start of the race and want to keep em that way.

The motocross track is in really good condition and looked very safe. Large tabletops are the norm for the off road guys that enjoy some air time.And for the guys who don't you can roll em like me. :applause:

We haven't started working on the clear cut section yet so I can't describe that. Thats one of next weekends tasks. Oh well, I guess if your really curious you'll come down on race day and check it out for yourself! ?

Keep in mind while you're checking out the pics there will be NO MUD this year. ?

I also worked last weekend and I can truly say I've seen no other riding area in WA that compares to this course. It totally reminded me of pictures I've seen in Trail Rider of East Coast woods riding. So come experience a new thing. :ride:

For kids race info you can email Brett Krier at bhkreier@comcast.net. Also after the kids race will be some family games that include a ring toss, teeter-totter challenge, bean bag toss and cone obstacle course. I think the kids will really like this format because after they race, they can play!

Heading down tomorrow to the work party, should be hot! I can't wait to see the course!

The flier indicated soundtesting at 98 dba.

Anyone know what the kids race terrain is like? I'd like to have my son race the kiddo race on Sat.

mx813

The kids races will vary by age group. The younger the riders the shorter the course they will use. There are 3 age groups, 6 and under, 7 to 9 and 10 to 12. The main area is an open type field where the kids will weave around hay bails, piles of logs, etc. Then there is a bit of open woods, sand, a few smaller hills etc. Parents will be allowed to follow their kids on the course and there will be plenty of CFMC members sweeping and assisting all the kiddos in need. Trophies will be awarded to all participants.