Sign in to follow this  

lower my husky

I am riding an 05 Husqvarna TC 450 and am looking for a way to lower the bike. The seat height is 38" and my inseam is 30". My son who is the same height as I am is on a Husky CR 125 which was taller in the seat than mine, and he and his friend managed to lower the bike by backing off the spring?? I know there is more to set-up than this, any help would be great?

Mark

I have just had my suspension on my 05 te 510 done to suit my weight and riding style (175cm 94kg)and half useless, while it was getting done i took the opportunity to also have the bike lowered approx 40mm as i am a bit short in the leg department.This was achieved by spacers inside the suspension. I hav'nt had the chance to ride yet but will be this weekend. We ride a lot of rocky , root infested, rutted hills and single track so i am hoping that lowering the bike is not going to be more of hinderance than a help. But if it does'nt work out it is like vasecatmy

( reversable).

Having the suspension done on the bike feels great ( much nicer over rocks and roots , nowhere near as much deflection) but missing 40mm of ground clearance is a bit of an issue so back to the shop we go to get it put back to standard height.