Sign in to follow this  

Polishing Frame

I went thru a few of these pages and my eyes started hurting, but I am looking into polishing my frame on my CRF 250X and was wondering if anyone had done it yet? Not sure if you sand it smooth or just get after it with polish. Which polish is preferred, use a dremal tool or not, just stuff like that. Lining up some of my winter projects and didn't have as many as I thought so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Thanks.

Wes

I take it you bike is polished the white stallion. With a name the white stallion you must be a pimp. :thumbsup:

kodibear_wc search under crf450 threads and you will find the info you're looking for. It seems like if you want the real polished look they are sanding the frame first. It will be a lot of work, but it will look nice.

to answer your question, yes, sand it with some 500+ grit paper. Emery paper. Now on the flip side, this is not to disrespect you, polished frame look gay. Powder coated matte black frames look way better. And you would have to polish it all the time. Plus it will show pitting from washing it with semi harsh detergents

its the white plastics (oldman)not the color of my beard.but i bet your frame is polished with all the time you have on your hands.it was supposed to poke fun but you ruined that.glad to see some one else seconds that any way.

wish i was a pimp!

its the white plastics (oldman)not the color of my beard.but i bet your frame is polished with all the time you have on your hands.it was supposed to poke fun but you ruined that.glad to see some one else seconds that any way.

wish i was a pimp!

Sure it means the white plastics. :thumbsup: I'm just messing with you dude. I know you were just busting his balls. I would like to polish just a few things on my bike and powder coat the rest red and black.

cool old man,thats all i was tryin to do. i just heard about alot of downs about polishing

most already mentioned,but if thats what Kbear wants its his bike,heck if you ride em

hard enough you basicaly polish half already,i need some frame guards.