Sign in to follow this  

Tire touching Exhaust Pipe!Whats wrong?

I have an 04 wr250f and have white bros e2 series pipe!! I just now noticed some tire marks on the pipe and i was wondering if i could do something to move the pipe a little bit or something :ride: any suggestions, have u any of u had the same problem :thumbsup: !!!

Thanks in advance!

Put some washers between the muffler mount and the subframe to space it out some. Get a longer bolt if necessary. A lot of aftermarket mufflers can rub slightly, especially if the subframe is tweaked slightly.

Put some washers between the muffler mount and the subframe to space it out some. Get a longer bolt if necessary. A lot of aftermarket mufflers can rub slightly, especially if the subframe is tweaked slightly.

wouldent you put smaller washers to get the pipe closer to the side cover? which is farther from the tire. or am i wrong.

the muffler bolts to the frame....outside of the frame im guessin.....be careful not to melt the pretty side cover though.

I had the same problem on my WB E2 pipe. I purchased a longer bolt and used a 3/8" spacer where the muffler bolts to the subframe. I used an old inner bearing (perfect sized spacer) left over from a recent rebuild of the upper and lower rear shock bearings.