Trail ridding in NC, VA, MD

Looking for a good legal trail ridding spot to go in a couple weeks with some friends of mine. I live no where near any good trail ridding spots.

We were going to go to Hatfield McCoy in WV, but just looked it up and thats a good 9 hours from me.

We are looking to find something around 6 hours from us in Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948 that has camping or lodging nearby we will be there 3 days.

Thanks!!

Yea I just found that one! It looks awesome! How many others have been there? This looks like the place to go.

Will I have to worry about my bike running like crap because of the high altitude? It says ranging from 1300-2500 above sea level.

Yea I just found that one! It looks awesome! How many others have been there? This looks like the place to go.

Will I have to worry about my bike running like crap because of the high altitude? It says ranging from 1300-2500 above sea level.

Brushy Mtn is probably the best offroad park in NC. There is probably 60+ miles of trails now plus a motocross track. He has been building new singletrack this summer and there is every level of difficulty there. Depending on the weekend, myself or others could be talked into joining ya to give you a tour. :ride::applause:

Just check the website and make sure you have any necessary paperwork ( if you are taking youngsters) and respect the rules, which aren't bad (no wheelies in the parking lot, for example). There's a grill that opened on the weekends and he has showers too.

You won't be disappointed. ?

I live in raleigh, anything else close to here? Anyone been to Noth Carolina Motorsports Park?

I haven't been to NCMP but I have heard it not too bad. You won't beat Brushy though. I feel for you guys that live on the east coast. We have people driving from Wilmington just to race in our series. :ride: They must have great wives or are not married. ?

I live in raleigh, anything else close to here? Anyone been to Noth Carolina Motorsports Park?

I go there all the time for MX practice. They have about 16-18 miles of trails, depending on which loop you take. They are mostly single track, but wide enough in places to pass and also wide enough for quads to race in hare scrambles. The park gets a ? for variety!

Check out their web site....... http://www.ncmotorsportspark.com/index.html

re: jetting for altitude

There's another riding area within 30 miles of Brushy called Brown Mtn. I'm not sure of the elevation there, but I think its around 4000 ft.

I haven't had any problems there on my XR400 with the altitude. My bike was jetted at sea level in Louisiana. It ran great there and it runs great here. Gearing, on the other hand.... ?

I haven't ridden at Brushy yet either. I've heard great things about it though.

Can you get a days worth of fun if you go there just to ride the trails? What else is nearby?

Yes, you would get all the fun you wanted. At NCMP they have trails, an MX track, a less technical beginner track, pit bike track, pee-wee track and a TT track. They offer camping, but no hook-ups yet.

If you like water, Kerr lake is only 35 minutes away from the park. It offers boating swimming and fishing. Not many "large" tourist attractions locally.