Sign in to follow this  

fatigue

I have been feeling alota fatigue from playing football 2 times a day for my highschool team. This is my first time playing so I'm not excatly a pro and I am also not in the best of shape. I am 5'10, 160lbs, slow as hell, and have no endurance. When I get home from practices, I can not move and I just sleep. Does anybody have any tips for decreasing soreness in my legs and arms and whole body??? Every morning when I wake up I can literally not get out of bed or move without pain.

i played football for 12 years pop warner thru college(blown knee)....drink lots of water...no soda, and be sure and stretch after every practice...hell week(what you're in) will get you in decent shape...you also need to sleep, its important for the body to heal...do some running on your own also....i know after 2-a-days all you want to do is rest,but when it cools down at night, go for a small jog....bout a mile..doesn't have to be much more, that will help build up your stamina...i was a lineman 6' 275lbs...i ran sprints...a good one is 10yds then back,20 back,30 back, 40 back...run about 5-8 of those..you will be in great shape...stick with it, push yourself, you'll get there, it isn't an over night process...playin ball was the best time in my life....get out there and start smackin...the first day of pads is the best, it makes all the hard work pay off...first person you hit...lay the wood to em...BE THE HITTER, NOT THE HITTEE!!!!!!! :applause::thumbsup::ride::applause:

What the heck is wrong with these football coaches who take their students for Marines recruits?

Anyway, you need to take more rests and if you're slow, training more will not do anything and you may not be able to make the cut, so... why don't you miss a couple practices? You need to be able to take at least 2 full days of rest per week.

To reduce your recovery (soreness) time make sure your protien count is at least one gram per pound of body weight. i.e. you should be eating at least 160 grams of prtien per day. You also need to sleep for at least 10 hours and 12 if you can. You stimulate your muscles at practice.... your muscles grow (rebuild) when your sleeping.

Bill

What the heck is wrong with these football coaches who take their students for Marines recruits?

Anyway, you need to take more rests and if you're slow, training more will not do anything and you may not be able to make the cut, so... why don't you miss a couple practices? You need to be able to take at least 2 full days of rest per week.

obviously lefrog hasn't played ball b4. its no diff than when people go to the gym 5-6 times a week. never miss practice...ever. bill has a good point with protien intake, that is also very important. the reason for so much practice is to get in shape so you don't get hurt, and to learn the plays. it is deff not boot camp. the sprints will help build you're speed...during season, you actually only practice like 3 times a week. mon-wed...thursday is walk-thru(nocontact)..friday game. stick with it buddy :thumbsup::ride:

No but I played semi-pro rugby with 5 practices a week and a game every Sunday. Semi-pro means I would get paid per game but could not make a living out of it, had to go to work on Monday morning (and that was the hardest part).

I was in my 20s then and also got the same regimen when I was in the military, with daily 5km runs plus the usual pushups, rope, crawling, fighting, etc... which was ok at that time because you are at the peak of your stamina in your life. Plus no partying, no boozing, waking up at the same time everyday and balanced diet did help.

The issue is not with training a lot but with training a lot when you are a teenager and need a lot of rest because you are in your growing period, plus have to concentrate on your homework and studies. That's his problem, specifically.

Yes, there is such a thing as overtraining. These junior coaches would get better results if they gave their recruits a bit of a break once in a while, unless it is a "back into shape" shop that's not supposed to last more than a couple of weeks.

All the good advices can help (eat better, organize your life, don't drink and smoke, etc...) but it does not replace the benefits of a good rest.

No but I played semi-pro rugby with 5 practices a week and a game every Sunday. Semi-pro means I would get paid per game but could not make a living out of it, had to go to work on Monday morning (and that was the hardest part).

I was in my 20s then and also got the same regimen when I was in the military, with daily 5km runs plus the usual pushups, rope, crawling, fighting, etc... which was ok at that time because you are at the peak of your stamina in your life. Plus no partying, no boozing, waking up at the same time everyday and balanced diet did help.

The issue is not with training a lot but with training a lot when you are a teenager and need a lot of rest because you are in your growing period, plus have to concentrate on your homework and studies. That's his problem, specifically.

Yes, there is such a thing as overtraining. These junior coaches would get better results if they gave their recruits a bit of a break once in a while, unless it is a "back into shape" shop that's not supposed to last more than a couple of weeks.

All the good advices can help (eat better, organize your life, don't drink and smoke, etc...) but it does not replace the benefits of a good rest.

I think the coaches expect you to come in better shape and not have taken the entire summer doing nothing at all. If you are serious about football or any sport as a teenager you would start preparing for the season at least a month before.

Just like when I was going into the millitary. I knew I was going to be run to death so I started running everyday for a month before going in.

i wasn't bashing u frog...please don't take it wrong....two a days in football only last for a couple weeks...i also came into camp in shape, which made it much easier for me...just tryin to help the kid out, but telling him to miss practice??? if you did play semi pro rugby, then u were serious enough about it to not miss practice. :thumbsup: stick with it young man and i hope you have a wonderful season...remember... :ride: BE THE HITTER, NOT THE HITTEE :applause:

i wasn't bashing u frog...please don't take it wrong....two a days in football only last for a couple weeks...i also came into camp in shape, which made it much easier for me...just tryin to help the kid out, but telling him to miss practice??? if you did play semi pro rugby, then u were serious enough about it to not miss practice. :thumbsup: stick with it young man and i hope you have a wonderful season...remember... :ride: BE THE HITTER, NOT THE HITTEE :applause:

And remember this "HELL WEEK" is to weed out the athletes the coach wants and doesn't want. It is not a time to create athletes. If you need help in this department the coach is going to tell you to take PE.

A little harsh but I know from experience that many coaches already know who they want on their team from having coached kids all of their lives and they bring them along with them. Starting out on a team in the 9th or 10th grade is hard for a coach to notice you especially if you are dying on the field...

Ok, I see, now. In this case he should do whatever it takes to get some rest.

As for nutrients, get more carbs and proteins. Eat lots of pastas!!!

You need to be as healthy as a Tour de France rider. :thumbsup: