Sign in to follow this  

pc or fmf?

ok firt off the gnarly woods is for bottom and the desert is for top end, but yea they dont make the fatty for the 96 model, do they?

I think they do.?

ok firt off the gnarly woods is for bottom and the desert is for top end, but yea they dont make the fatty for the 96 model, do they?

Give you the page/info and you don't bother to read it. :thumbsup:

-

alright i have a 96 kdx200 and i want a new pipe and silencer for it. Im lookin for mid and top end power more than low end.

I suggest this one:

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=57&ItemID=020056

thanks but do you anything about the pc works pipe?

The only pipe that Pro Circuit currently makes for your bike is the Platinum 2 model, which is a low-mid pipe.

http://procircuit.rideshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_11_18_47&products_id=229

Though (FMF) and Pro Circuit made other models of pipes in the past for your bike, (FMF) currently only makes the Woods and Desert pipes (both Gnarly models). Pro Circuit only makes the Platinum 2.

gunner150: You are the 10,000th person to be confused. Congratulations! Hopefully this will help you.

Gnarly = 18 gauge steel "Ultra strong 18-gauge U.S. steel makes this the toughest pipe in our line."

Fatty = 19 gauge steel "Fabricated from sturdy 19-gauge U.S. steel, the Fatty..."

alright i have a 96 kdx200 and i want a new pipe and silencer for it. Im lookin for mid and top end power more than low end.

Whetever you do, just be honest with yourself as to exactly what type of riding you are going to do with your KDX. If you are going to be a weekend woods/play rider, don't put a top end desert pipe on. Everything is a compramise, a desert pipe will be stronger on top, but be soft on the bottom end.

Generally speaking the FMF Fatty is a great all around power pipe.

I had the experience of riding a bone stock KDX200, then riding one that was Pro Circut piped, and man what a BIG difference in the mid to top end performance!

call fmf and pc and ask them their opinion or try calling fredette racing as he is THE leading expert on the kdx.FWIW most of the kdx's I have seen have the fmf.FYI,the muffler you use will have an impact on power delivery as well

I really like my FMF setup I'd so go with that. Good bang for your buck just make sure you rejet the bike correctly when you put the pipe on.