Sign in to follow this  

Trail ridding in NC, VA, MD

Looking for a good legal trail ridding spot to go in a couple weeks with some friends of mine. I live no where near any good trail ridding spots.

We were going to go to Hatfield McCoy in WV, but just looked it up and thats a good 9 hours from me.

We are looking to find something around 6 hours from us in Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948 that has camping or lodging nearby we will be there 3 days.

Thanks!!

My advice is to suck it up and do the long drive to Hatfield McCoys. For a multi day trip that place can't be beat. It is quite a drive though and once you get off the highway it seems to get longer with all the switchbacks on those mountainous roads. I ride places in Northern VA which would probably be just as far from you as H-M and have only like 30 miles of trails. www.twinhollowcampground.com Sorry I don't know of more places in mid or south VA, but that's my 0.02! Oh, and Maryland doesn't have ANYTHING worth driving for.

Thanks! Yea we may postpone the trip and just make it up to W.V. when we have more money to stay for a week.

Just make it a five day trip. 1st day travel, 2-4 are ride days and the 5th day is a travel day. Well worth the drive.... Isn't there a place called Slades or something down there near Hampton.

Yes there is a place called Slades, but its not a several day trip. Its a nice place, but you can ride all the trails in a few hours. We are looking for at least 3 days out somewhere. Its only about 2.5 hours from me.

Thanks guys.